This Defense might be good.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cutter10, Sep 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I really hope Dave Stewart's nasty side comes out and he b*+ch slaps a Raven or two.

2. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

DE is the the last position i'm worried about, Sheppard /Klug will bring a new energy to the position, their sucess will push the starters to new heights or the bench.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I will be pleasantly surprised if this defense is anything above average. Who can we count on to make plays?

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm extremely worried about our DL depth. Our DL is already very hurt and we haven't even played 1 game. Injuries are gonna ravage us on DL and that will put the entire defense at a big disadvantage. I'm already scared.

5. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

I totally disagree, extra D-linemen were kept just for this reason, Sheppard and Klug are interchangeable, Sheppard is the first test, if he plays well he will switch to DE regardless if Morgan returns healthy, Titan fans don't seem to realize that Sheppard was an all SEC DE under Tracy Rocker at Arkansas before Rocker left for Auburn, he's going to be your biggest surprise sunday.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Just because we kept extra guys, doesn't mean we're deep! We've got 8 DLinemen who are either in their 1st year(Casey,Klug,Clayton,Morgan,Sheppard) or haven't played more than 8 games in a year for the last 4 years(Ball,Jones,Marks).

I would say that Depth is a MAJOR problem. As for Sheppard, not very big expectations, just don't get demolished every play please.

7. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

Game time will tell, all our speculations are our opinions, but these coaches have seen something that they like.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

DE: Very good to move Jones here. He's banged up but should be ok for now. Morgan's setback isn't all that serious and he'll play vs. the Ravens. Guys like Ball & Hayes are great rotational guys. Anything we get from Sheppard here is a plus. Heavily depends on Jones/Morgan health.

DT: I'm confident here. Smith is that big guy in the middle we've lacked since AH left. Assuming Klug plays here, he'll be a ball of energy. Casey is a great BIG reserve. Hoping for something from Marks/Clayton.

LB: Should be an improved unit. Ruud is better suited for our defense than Tulloch was. I have a GREAT feeling about Ayers. Witherspoon will be his usual consistent self. McRath & McCarthy are good backups.

CB: A very solid unit with Finny/Mccourty/Verner. Campbell has a bright future as well. Should see a vast improvement in nickel D with Mccourty/Verner on the outside and Finny inside instead of Fuller.

S: Griffin should be his usual self. I think Hope is poised to have a better year than last year; he's well suited for Gray's style of D; much more so than he was for Cecil's. Depth is thin but Babineaux is starter quality as a backup. After him, there's nobody (Anthony Smith).

I think will be a top 15 D

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar