"This coaching staff understands what success looks like" - Nate Washington

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Yeah but he was just starting to understand how to compete with the Jags. We didn't give him enough time dammit!

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's not hard to do...

- Team loved him.

- Team was playing well under him.

- Gameplanning was good enough to win games.

- Had the team going the right direction.

- Did it with a bum RB and a bum QB. (no, that's not his fault)

I already made a long ass list on reasons he could be fired. He had positives too.

Take yourself out of fanzone when discussing these things and it's not hard to see it that way.

And I am being logical. I can play both sides here, and if you think he should have been fired- cool. I won't say it's "wrong". I'll say it's a dumb thought and move. And I'll also say that saying a coach is "terrible" when he did everything to have his team compete on gameday is something a kid does.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Eh, I'm done with the Munch debate. He's gone and not only did no one want him as a HC, but he's taken two full steps back to position coach. Should tell you pretty much all you need to know. But if you wanna tell yourself he was a good head coach then knock yourself out.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Didn't Belichick fail as an HC and take steps back to position coach?

Hardly a valid "See! He sucks!" argument. Happens all the time.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It wasn't meant to be a definitive "See! He sucks" argument. But when you throw that fact in the mix with the plethora of other reasons I gave why he sucks, well....

But if it will get you to shut up I will say that Munchak was an amazing coach and is indeed the next Bill Belichick. After he wins a SB with the Steelers this year and gets a new HC job and goes on to win 3 SB's with that team I will be sure to start a thread alerting everyone that Deucestradamus knew Munch had it in him all along and was one of the 1% that thought it was a mistake for the Titans to get rid of him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im on both sides of this debate. In 2-3 more years I can see someone taking a shot on Munchak again. He now has insight and will know better next time. He's also working with Tomlin who IMO is a top NFL coach.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'll gladly make a moolah bet if anyone's interested.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

On Munchak being a HC again sometime?

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, in "2-3 years". Or ever, but that would be a tough bet to track/settle so I figure we stick to the 2-3 years you said.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Lions opted for "Mr. 2-14" over Munch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar