Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Things to Remember When Starting a Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Aug 26, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504
    With the season upon us, traffic to the forum will increase along with new members. We want to make things as easy as possible for everyone. Here are a few things to remember before starting a thread.

1. Search to see if another thread has already been started on your topic. Try using the search or skimming the first couple of pages before starting a new one. In the event a breaking news-worthy update on an existing thread arises, it's okay to start a new thread.

2. Make the title pertain to the subject of the thread. Stuff like "Here's how I feel..." or "Why?" are not good titles. Make it obvious what the thread topic is so those skimming the forum can find content they want easily.

3. Post in the right forum area. The NFL & Titans section is for hardcore football topics. Stuff like where to buy tickets, uniform designs, concession prices, etc. are NOT hardcore football topics and should be placed in the Lounge.
  1. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,268
    Had to change titles on a few threads today I see
  2. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,363
    AND IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES I'LL BAN YOU
  3. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,301
    Also, actually having a point is a definite plus.
    afcsouthdom, Gunny and Scarecrow high five this.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504

:truedat:
  4. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,268
    When I worked at Xbox I had a friend who was a marshal on Xbox Live. When someone placed something inappropriate in their profile the marshals would replace it with "Terms of Use" on their profile.

Maybe you can do something similar. Those who cannot follow the guidelines you can post a link to this thread in their signature.
  5. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,836
  6. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,016
    I chuckled that this was necessary.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504
    Also, we have a notification block pop up for those who have less than 20 posts with a link to this thread. Hopefully, we won't have to get nasty with the signatures.

:chairwack:
  7. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,000

really?? have you seen some of the threads