Things might start looking up for the Titans.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DownSouthPlayer, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Theres not a real good vibe going on right now with the titans fans. We dont know who the QB will be, CJ still hasnt shown any signs he is back. Britt could miss a few weeks, Defense looked weak last week etc....

But I have a feeling things will start looking good for us by week 4. What if Locker just plays lights out and makes a name for himself out of the gate? It very well could happen. What if CJ still dances around? But Darius comes out of nowhere and blows up! What if Britt gets healthy and stays healthy all season working beside Wright? They would be elite! Cook might have his best season yet! But as a bonus Taylor Thompson plays just as good!

Colin McCarthy is going to be the leader of this defense but Klug and Martin have the same kind of drive. Them 3 alone will get that line in shape. Verner,McCourty,Campbell are all going to be solid. Mariani and Darius will give us 2 solid returners.

I just got a feeling we will start out pretenders and become contenders real soon. We are due for the Playoffs.

We got all the right pieces ,everything just needs to fall in place.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

I hope you're right about it all!:bliss: I'm ready for the stadium to be full and loud again, and I'm ready for home field advantage playoffs.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I love the enthusiasm DSP! I'm always optimistic about our team and even more so this year. I really believe in Jake, and I see this as our year. We definitely have a tough schedule but that's just gonna make this season even more interesting.

I think that with Jake leading the way our offense will really take off. With passing weapons like Nate, KW, Cook, Thompson, CJ and Kenny I expect big things. With Jake's ability to get out and scramble along with his rocket arm, the box won't be stacked like in the past and CJ will finally have some room to work with.

As for our defense I also think that they will get it together and get better and better as the season plays out.

Here's to going 19-0 FTW!

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I have a pretty good vibe about this season. CJ and Britt were not factors last year, and we improved in other aspects. I honestly think we can sneak away with 10-11 wins this year and I think that is realistic. We just need to split Houston and sweep IND and JAX.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

First 4 weeks will be rough. Alot of fans will be overreacting, freaking out, and the post game threads will be hilarious. We could easily start 0-4.

After those 4 games, I have a feeling we will turn it around. The biggest question mark is our OL. Will our run blocking be better? If it is, watch out. If all/some of our young talent develops, we could easily be a legit team.

I want to see Jurrel Casey, Colin McCarthy, and Jason McCourty in the Pro-Bowl this year. ATV, Ayers, Wimbley, and Rojo should have a nice year as well.

Lots of questions though...
    -How will Jake Locker do? Will he start?
    -Is the run OL better?
    -How will Kendall do?
    -Can Kenny get healthy and stay out of trouble?
    -Can Jared Cook finally become the legit receiving target?
    -Did we do enough to improve the pass rush?
    -Who plays #3-#5 CB?
    -Does Griffin still suck?
    -Will the 2nd year players (Casey, Klug, Ayers, McCarthy) step up?

... so many question. CANT WAIT FOR THE SEASON!

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

1 preseason game and we suck? No, we're fine, just 1 slow game. We'll definitely improve from last week. That's as bad as we'll be this year.

7. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

A big factor is if all of our key players can stay healthy and grind it out when it comes close to playoffs. Once in playoffs, anything can happen.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If Locker is who we think he is and Britt can stop being an idiot, staying healthy and out of trouble (forever), then I'd say we are one playmaker on defense away from competing for a Super Bowl.

This is exactly why it pains me so much to think that Nicks and JPP could've been ours.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I agree with your statement. What I'm hoping is that the playmaker we're looking for is already on the roster.

10. Stan

Stan Infinite

I pretty much agree with what has been said the only weakness i see with our team which is the mot important are our lines. I have confidence in the rest of the team but o and d line seem to be a little shaky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar