Things get worse: Suspension of Jags' Jones upheld

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky The Matt Jones appeal has finally been resolved and the Jaguars will be without their most consistently productive player in the pass game for the remainder of a nightmare season.

He's got 65 catches for 761 yards and the next most "productive" wide receiver, Reggie Williams, has 30 for 295.

Jones was arrested in July and charged with cocaine possession in Arkansas. The league originally suspended him for three games in October for violating of the substance abuse policy. In September, he agreed to enter a drug treatment program that could keep the felony charge from sticking.

As usual the appeal was resolved with swift justice. What's two months of something like that hanging over a player and team's head?

Also as usual, the league really filled out the details once things were resolved:

STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:

Matt Jones of the Jacksonville Jaguars has been suspended without pay for the team's final three regular-season games of 2008 for violating the NFL Substance Abuse Policy.
    Jones' suspension begins immediately.

When it's time to comment, the NFL is very good at sticking hard to the super-secret rules of the process.

But when a suspension is issued or a player tests positive and is supposed to have a chance to appeal before things become public, officials can't keep that confidential information quiet for a minute and things are leakier than an old barn.

I sure hope they don't feel as if this stuff is running smoothly.

OK, back to the Jaguars, and please don't laugh at this part. These last three games would be a good time for Jerry Porter and Troy Williamson to step up, make their presence felt and earn some of their money.

I said not to laugh.

More...

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i was hoping this would take all season so he would be suspended for the beginning of 2009.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Jags are going down the toliet...
    [​IMG]

I see the division next year like;
    1. Titans
    2.Texans
    3.Colts
    4. Jags

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yet again I cannot give you rep

Made me laugh that picture did

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

jags going to the toilet bowl this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar