They're Both Inadequate

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by From-the-stands, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I like all those ideas. The Jags would never deal within their division though, never. Especially not at QB. It's too humiliating to watch your old QB beat your team. It's generally a no-no to do that. We'd have to wait til they cut him.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Garrard!?! :barf:

Jason Campbell sounds good.

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i would take byron leftwhich. i heard hes about to get dropped or something

he can BALL

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Kerry has proved he's inadequate. Vince needs a shot to prove if he also is.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Couldn't agree more. Accuracy and making good decisions are really all that matter, that said... Bradford has got to me our man. I guess we have to hope that he's there when we draft, hell at this point we may have a top 5 pick anyway!

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Ah, VY has already proven that.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

A QB picked in the first round will rarely do well, no matter how good he is. The best thing a good QB can hope for is to fall into the later picks and get surrounded by a talented team.

Cassell: Did well in NE last year, sucks in KC. He doesn't have the same caliber of talent around him.

Sanchez: the new Roethlisberger.... drafted into a team that was already good with an awesome defense. He's not putting up awesome numbers, just like Ben didn't. They're both average QBs surrounded by a boatload of talent.

If Matthew Stafford didn't win any games this season, it wouldn't have been because of Matthew Stafford... it would be because he was drafted by the Lions.

So, FromTheStands et al, if you think that drafting an awesome QB from a top three pick is going to make your team a winner, fogeddaboudit. That's not what makes a winning team.

8. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

I think it's reasonable to believe we could find our QB of the future in this years draft, regardless of where we pick. Six of the 2009 top 10 passers were taken with a pick greater than 17. Four of the top 10 went after the 1st round. Two went at #11. Only two picks were top 5 selections: P. Manning and P. Rivers. The talent will be there. They just have to exercise due diligence in scouting every college QB, starting right now.

ROUND/PICK

RIVERS 1/5
    MANNING 1/1
    BRADY 6/33
    WARNER UNDRAFTED FA
    ROETHLISBERGER 1/11
    BREES 2/1
    SHAUB 3/27
    FLACCO 1/18
    CAMPBELL 1/25
    CUTLER 1/11

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Exactly what i have been saying. Your basing that off his past play in 07 right? OK so if you want to base it off the past then hmm do you really think Kerry the turnover machine should be starting? I tried to be fair and say Kerry has had a rough past but he's good now, but he obviously isn't. Apparently people like you aren't as fair. Which makes your post inadequate.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. MadDog

MadDog GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

(me too)exactly what I was thinking...

Also, it's hard to say anything around here reasonable lately... Almost everyone is going way overboard on our situation. I see no respect for our team, and the only solution seems to be CHANGE! I believe it will not be much longer that Vince is in Nashville, it's simple, were not going to pay 10mill for a guy who's not starting. Kerry has not had a great game, nor has he had a horrible game... We've got new recievers, Scaife is out, our ST sucks, the D isn't getting pressure or turnovers... Nothing is going our way right now, hang in there... It will come

A SLICE OF HUMBLE PIE
    WITH A FRESH CUP OF REALITY
    EAT AND DRINK IT UP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar