They're Both Inadequate

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by From-the-stands, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

I'd rather talk about what QB we're going to draft with our first pick in the draft than waste time arguing which one our mediocre QB's is better than the other.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

We're not arguing which one is better, we're debating on which one should start next week.
    Given that Collins hasn't stepped it up, and we can't do any worse, put Vince in. If what Fisher said about Vince being the future of the franchise, it seems like a good move now. At least we would know if Vince has improved and can make a decent assessment on the draft. Until Fisher says otherwise, I wish all of you would STFU about drafting a QB...seriously.

The question is, which one of them is the least inadequate at the moment.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Give this some thought...

What QB do you think the Titans COULD draft who could play as well as Sanchez has or Ryan or Flacco. Keep in mind unless the season goes completely to hell, we aren't drafting in the top 10 most likely and don't have a 2nd rnd pick to trade. Also, the REASON Flacco and Ryan and Sanchez are so successful is because they have awesome defenses except for Ryan who's team had a weak schedule. So who COULD we be in a position to draft that could realistically start game 1 next year?

The most likely answer is no one. We'd have to trade up into the top 5 or higher IF there was someone and to do that would mean not only our 3rd rnd pick but players which negates the whole concept of getting a young QB surrounded by talent.

So that means Collins or Young start next year which doesn't change ANYTHING at the QB position.

Our defense has been bad and our special teams have been bad. How come you're placing all the blame at QB?

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Im gonna base everything off their play THIS year. erry sucked in the past and Vince suckedi n the past. Now Kerry has sucked this year, let's see how Vince will play. It's idiotic for people to say Vince would have sucked but your basing everything off of his play in 07. But kerry is supposed to be better? Look at his past. It's a new slate for both QBs but kerry just dirtied his back up, so let vince give it a shot.

5. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

There is no debate on who is gonna start next week. Collins is gonna start. Do I think he is worthy to be a starter? Not in the 4th quarter I don't. Do I think Vince should get to start? It would be pretty interesting to see what he can do at this point.

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Well if it takes another 0-5 start for Fisher to put Vince back in, I don't know if Fisher will be able to salvage his coaching position this time. I could be wrong though.
    I honestly think that Bud isn't looking at this season as a rebuilding one either.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Back on topic...

I still think there's hope for this season, but I don't mind looking ahead to next season. Before this season started, I said we would have a new face at QB within the next two years, so...

The best way I can see it going down (not the way it will go down necessarily) - Weaver (Jags' owner) has mentioned that he likes Tebow. Jags draft Tebow. We extend Young, trade for Garrard, and cut Collins, or Collins retires.

IMO, if we are hung up on Young being our future, Garrard would be the best quarterback for Young to follow up. He's older, but pretty much entering his prime as a QB, IMO. I don't know what it would take to trade for Garrard. The Jags have lots of holes on their defense, namely SS. Hope would have two years left on his contract. Could be a possibility. On the other hand, should we be ahead of the Jags in the draft, we could simply trade the pick, possibly getting a later first and a second or third in addition. Whichever way it happens, I think Garrard would be a better choice than Tebow or anyone else we would be in position to draft in the next draft.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If we're going to move past talking about Collins and VY and start talking about the next franchise QB, then I think we should be discussing Jason Campbell. As others have said before, he might be the perfect QB for a Fisher system. He is deadly accurate and doesn't turn the ball over.

He is also stuck on an absolutely terrible team that has long since abandoned any hope of winning with him (they tried to replace him with Cutler and Mark Sanchez). He has one of the worst coaches in all of football, no offensive line and no run game.

All of that said, the Redskins fans still praise the guy. Seriously. They just lost to the Lions and the fans can recognize that Campbell is not the problem.

Check out this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=301461

A few key quotes from it:
    Campbell could be had in a trade for next to nothing right now. They might even take VY off our hands. Even if no trade happens, Campbell might get released outright after this season when the Skins decide they need to draft a QB.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'd take Jason Campbell right now without even thinking about it.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I can't really see a Garrard trade happening, nor would I really want it to. He will be 32 next season. We need a franchise QB, not another average QB on the wrong side of his prime. As for the notion of him being a temporary solution, while VY continues to learn... can't say I can get on board with that either. Garrard would bring with him a $60 million contract in addition to VY's huge contract. We would need to restructure both of their deals to make that work and even then I don't think it would be a good idea. We really need to decide if Vince is the guy. Because if he's not, we don't need him sitting around on the bench eating up cap. If he is the guy, then we don't need Garrard anyway.

Campbell on the other hand I could maybe get on board with. But all this is moot until we see what we (hopefully sooner rather than later) see what we have in Vince.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar