They even underrate "US"?!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

what do u guys think of the article on espn.com where it ranks the fans...ranking tenn fans 18th. paul actually was the one who justified that ranking (wrote the explanation) n from what i remember i usually find him supportin the team more in his articles (thats if i remember right...??? which i think i do)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3530077

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

everything he said was true

3. whutaboutGump

whutaboutGump Naw mean?

The thing with me about this is, the Titans are sort of like the Colts. We have only had a team since 1984, you guys, less than that. It takes a while for us to pass on our fandom down to the next generation, and hey, not everyone wants to wear cheese on his head!

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

In the early 2000's we were voted the 3rd or 4th "toughest places to play." In all 4 major sports, we were around 9th-10th.

I still have the printout at home somewhere, I will have to double check it if I can find it. Iremember those days. It's too bad the fans aren't still as loud and into the games...ultimately it creates more wins for us, so we can only blame ourselves :(

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I completely agree with that article. I would also like to add this is SEC country and the NFL will always be #2 in the south.

6. arcticboy

arcticboy Guest

I totally agree with the article. Actually, it is not as hard on the fans as I think it should be. When is the last time the place was jammed packed? We went to the playoff and were trying to play our way end at the end of '06, and there were empty seats everywhere. People filing in after the game starts, not showing up at all, or spending more time going to the concession stands. I have a good group around me at games that have been there since day one, but overall the fans are fair weather at best, lacadasical (sp) is more accurate.

I could see it coming though. One, the team came and we couldnt even sell out Vandy. Pitiful. Then that first season in the new stadium, the first few games were barely sell outs, and season tickets were still available a few games into the season. Then they started winning and here comes everybody...alot of people who had no idea about the NFL before this. For a couple of years it seemed people were going to be social, and then when we hit some hard times interest waned.

Another problem...i have a pair of season tickets in the lower bowl, and when I can't make it to a game, I have a hard time even giving them away.

7. The Playmaker

We need to put up a big season to get fans in the seats.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm a little surprised to see Washington up there. I've always heard those fans were pretty tame. Maybe I'm wrong. But I remember hearing about a Giants fan going to a game and I remember her saying that she was told to settle down or something like that by the security when all she was doing was cheering for the Giants.

But I love what it says about the Jags.

The city was spoiled some by the team's early success, but this piece of SEC country has not developed the hardcore loyalty to its NFL team that you find in Nashville.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Redskins fans can be hardcore, the ones that are are incredibly annoying though. I had a roommate who was a huge fan, and the guy was a complete douche. I gave him free tickets to the Redskins/Titans preseason game last season, and the guy didn't even thank me and talked bad trash the whole time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. The Playmaker

I think gotitans.com should have their own section in the stadium. TitanJeff can buy us all season tickets.:))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar