The WR pool in the next 3 years.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I wanted Hackeem Nicks so much more than Kenny Britt...he was taken just before our pick. I want to say that the New York (football) Giants have done that on two occasions, once with Nicks and once with Pierre-Paul.

I will say that Britt fits easier into our offense. He's a "go-get'em" type of WR. He can make the tough grabs and is a crisp route runner.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think Nicks is better.. for now. He also has a MUCH better QB.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Not to mention that Steve Smith AND Mario Manningham are in the lineup. God, if Fisher just had one scrap of a brain he would have had Britt and Moss in the same huddle. What an idiot.

4. xpmar9x

Yeah, I think if Britt was on the Giants, he would be better than Nicks on the Giants. We just don't have the supporting cast around him (other than CJ)

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You are really high on AJ Green and Julio Jones to think they'll both be top 5 WRs in the next 3 years. I'm not saying they won't be, I do doubt it, but it's just interesting to see someone so high on both the WRs coming out this draft. I wonder if the Titans feel the same way if they would consider one of them at the 8 spot?

No, I don't think Britt will be a top5 but I don't think our offense will provide that opportunity. We will still be a run first, smash mouth team for the immediate future.

Calvin Johnson
    Desean Jackson
    Fitzgerald
    Roddy White
    Andre Johnson

Hard to leave a Green Bay WR off the list as good as Rodgers looked last season.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Britt will be a top 5 fantasy football pick.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think Williams can help him out if they play him more. He's the only other WR that I see get open consistently. Nate is a good slot guy but I'd like to see more of Williams and Britt.

I actually think we're looking pretty good at WR. Mariani, Hawkins, Williams, Washington and Britt will provide us with a little bit of depth. Williams could be another budding star alongside Britt if given the opportunity. Cook is another one.

Our offense is in pretty good shape. We have the speed and personnel to account for a drop off in line play if we gameplan correctly.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

My Ranking would go...

Calvin Johnson
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Brandon Lloyd
    Desean Jackson

I'm ready to see Britt given a bigger role in the offense. I want Williams to be his #2. He proved last year that experience doesn't always make you a better receiver.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

All we need is a QB.

10. xpmar9x

:?:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar