The WR pool in the next 3 years.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Since this isn't really Titan news, I didn't know exactly where to put this thread.

I would like to know if you think Kenny Britt has what it takes to be a top 5 WR in the next 3 years. Also I want to know who you think will be the top 5 WR in the NFL in 3 years.

People around here think I'm crazy when I tell them that Dez Bryant will be the best WR in 3 years.

So here is my top 5 WR's in the next 3 years.

1. Dez Bryant - The kid just has way too much talent to not be #1 WR.
    2. AJ Green - I know he hasn't played a down in the NFL, but being from GA and watching him play week after week, I think this guy has the complete package to be a dominant threat in the NFL for years to come.
    3. Andre Johnson - To me, he is the best right now, but i'm pretty sure he will slow down (for the sake of the Titans) just a tad in the next 3 years to be leaped over.
    4. Larry Fitzgerald - One of the best I have ever seen when the ball is in the air, but we all know that age gets the best of us, and that's one reason why I can't keep him afloat.
    5. Julio Jones - Now I based this projection solely because I think Sam Bradford will be throwing to him if the Redskins don't snag him up. This guy is just a physical beast that will put up huge numbers in the NFL.

My honorable mention has to go with Kenny Britt. I actually think he could break the top 5 if we can get a decent QB to throw him the ball.

Again, do you think Britt can be a top 5 WR?

2. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

1. Andre Johnson
    2. Roddy White
    3. Greg Jennings
    4. Calvin Johnson
    5. Brandon Marshall

Britt can definitely break in there skill-wise, but stat-wise, our offensive approach would have to change DRASTICALLY for him to get into that conversation. I think he'll be a semi-under the radar player most of his career, known as a serious threat to coaches, players, and hardcore fans, but not a household name.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I can't argue with your top 5 for the future.

I just can't believe you don't have Dez in there.

4. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Dez Bryant will run himself right out of the league the same way Pacman Jones did. A hidden jem in this years draft I hoping the Titans' get in the third round give or take is Leonard Hankerson from Miami. As far as Britt...his success will be determined by our quarterbeck situation. Remember we're a run first team that plays in a two tightend system the majority of the time...Britt will be used to get the safeties out of the middle. That all being said, Palmer might change things up, but I can't see the Titans' changing too much.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Sure, why not...

1. Calvin Johnson- I already think this guy is probably the most physically talented WR in the league. With a few more years of experience I think he'll be nearly unstoppable.
    2. Desean Jackson- I'm consistently amazed when I watch him play. He's another I only see getting better.
    3. Mike Williams (TB)- True we only have one year to judge him on. And maybe it turns out to be a fluke. But IDK, I just have a feeling about this guy. Good size. Great hands. Extremely high ceiling.
    4. Larry Fitzgerald- In three years I think he'll have one of, if not the best combination of experience, skill, and savvy of all the WRs in the NFL. He'll also be 31 and probably getting close to declining, which is the only reason I didn't rank him higher.
    5. Hakeem Nicks- 1842 yards and 17 TDs in only 27 NFL games. But I have to admit I don't feel nearly as good about this pick as I do the other 4. Still I think he has tons of potential. And no one else is really jumping out at me at the moment.

I think Dez Bryant has all the talent in the world. But his character/immaturity really, really concern me.

Kenny Britt, see above.

Guys like Julio Jones and AJ Green definitely have tons of potential. But I just can't put a guy in the top 5 when I haven't even seen him play a single snap in the NFL.

I expect Andre to slow down considerably very soon. Sure he's in amazing shape but he seems to have a lot of nagging injuries. I can see him maybe being a top 10 WR in 3 years, but not top 5.

Crabtree is another guy that crossed my mind when making this list. I think if he ever got a real QB he could be very dangerous.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

As much as I watch football, I can't believe I totally forgot about Calvin Johnson.

I still think Dez will be the best in 3 years, if not sooner :cool:

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It broke my heart to not see Calvin Johnson. Not surprising that someone wouldn't think of a Lion though... ah well. : (

Desean as well. My favorite player in the NFL currently.

I don't think AJ Green nor Julio Jones will be anything special. Dez Bryant is the truth though.

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Everyone should have Calvin Johnson on their list, he is a freak, who still performs great even with a QB carousal.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

When you're 6'5" 236 lbs and run a 4.33-4.35...and you ACTUALLY have receiver skills (not just a freakish specimen)...and you finally have a QB now...yeah, based off potential, how can you not rank Calvin Johnson as #1 for the next 5 years.

It'll come down to Stafford staying healthy of course.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

1. Andre Johnson
    2. Larry Fitzgerald
    3. DeSean Jackson
    4. Michael Crabtree
    5. Julio Jones
    6. Kenny Britt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar