The Wildcat is getting it done

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I know we will never run a wildcat formation with our current coaching staff but its quite evident that the Wildcat formation is working against NFL defenses more so than it is not. I stayed out of the last wildcat discussion last year because i hadn't seen enough of it. Now I've seen it run against the fastest defenses in the league and it was more than effective.

I just don't understand why it wouldn't be productive in Tennessee. If we could get the ball in our playmakers hands like Chris Johnson, VY, and Lendale, our offense would be unstoppable. Especially with our big TEs throwin blocks and or VY hitting them up the seams (VY has a significantly higher pass percentage to TEs)

Historically, Jeff Fisher has gotten more aggressive in games where we have nothing to play for but pride. Well.. we got 10 pride games left this season. Being stubborn and run run pass punting every series is not working. It hasn't for the past 8 losses and if the play calling stays like that... we may have 8 more losses ahead of us.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. amy

amy Starter

Fisher has been doing it the same way for what, 15 years now? If he changes now, it will be a BIG surprise. I get the feeling he thinks what he does works, if he just does more of it. You know, insanity! :ha:

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Wildcat isnt as easy as the Dolphins make it seem. they been working at it for a while and the players are figuring out how to make it successful. Been a long road, and teams just cant start using and make it work.

We would fail hard at it.

4. TexasTitan24

TexasTitan24 Camp Fodder

really i dont care if its a true wildcat, if we can even do a direct snap to cj , lendale or ringer i think could work, one extra guy blocking and could get our running game working

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree that the Dolphins make it look a lot easier to be successful with than it really is. I'm not sure if we could make it work or not but at this point I'd like to see us try anything different.

6. World Peace

You cant deny that we have the perfect personnel to start trying.

7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i prefer having the fastest guy in the league run strait up the middle 20 times. and the guy that we drafted to play in between teh tackles, lets not play him at all. also, have the fastest QB in the league, the guy we drafted to be the future of the franchise, lets make sure he never sees the field.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Didn't Mike Hamburglar say he wasn't going to use because he doesn't have the patience to teach it to the players? :rolleyes:

9. World Peace

between all that time hes teaching them to throw for -7 yards.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar