The what song are you playing thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Sep 4, 2007.

1. XO

XO Nevada Native

It is some of the best what I consider "pop hip hop" out right now. Wale's latest album is impressive and that comes from a serious hip hop head who turns his nose up at most things on the radio or what is considered mainstream.

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Well, I don't much care for the Wale guy rapping, but I decided I needed to look up the guy singing the chorus, Sam Dew.. because that's legit. Cloudeater is the only other thing I see him in, kind of experimental-ish music, does he do any r&b? He should.

More stuff like

All the other Cloudeater stuff was experimental/rockish stuff. Guess I'll have to look further.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

I was about to post that one for you.

That is how and Sam Dew and Wale met up I believe. Wale remade that track on his album and replaced Dew with Lloyd.

Love that song too. Original and Wale version.

Terrible video though.

Give this one a shot.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

lol @ the Sabotage remix, I listened to part of that yesterday and SWORE the backup vocals were a chick, and then I see the video. Still, I don't much care for the rapper, Sam Dew is where it's at.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

From the early 90s. When a female singer did not have to be hot to get a record deal:

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Adele (sp?) isn't hot at all and she may be the most popular female musician out there right now

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Hammer

Touché

Well, I guess the world just loves a fat white British girl who sounds like a fat black American girl when she sings ;)

Early 90s was kinda special though. Girls actually tried to tone down their hotness.

Speaking of which:

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

I'd hit Adele after a few bourbons

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. The Hammer

One of my favorite all time videos. Blues Traveler Run Around. Pretty boys bouncing around on stage while the real band played backstage behind a curtain. Lead singer John Popper is a rather ugly man and, back then, was horribly overweight.

PS. The girl in the 'Dorothy' costume always did it for me.

10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yes I am aware its a musical, anyone seen this??

The Devils Carnival

(Hells version of Aesop Fables)

• Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar