The Wave at the game

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by QGP, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think you are reading that wrong. No way that dude would cuss an old woman. But if he did, she better be in a Ravens jersey.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

"at no point should you sit down during a game"

"I get straight up disorderly in knoxville"

Those statements led me to my prior post.

Again, I like when people stand and get loud. But there is a line there between acting rowdy and acting like a jerkoff.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Nooooooo lol. That is not what I am going for.

We just need a supporters section. No text msg snitches or sitting down lol. Alcohol flows freely.

If people want to sit down and enjoy the game quietly they have every right.

I'm not the guy who gets mad at you for sitting down.

I'm the guy who gets mad at you for wanting me to sit down.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If could hi-five I would and I agree with your last sentence 100%.

Have you ever sat in the endzone at any Titans game? I've always had a more rowdier time when I've sat there. (obviously you have to deal with some dullness when the ball is at the far side of the field)

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Steelers fans were voted "best fans in the league."

Now, we all know they're douchebags, but wouldn't you think they'd be standing up a lot, waving those lame towels? Nope. I went to a game there. They never stood up unless it was 3rd down. Even then, it was a rare occurance.

Tennessy, I'm telling you... it's not unusual for people to sit down at the beginning of plays (especially on 1st and 2nd down). That doesn't mean we don't stand up as soon as we see the play developing.

I've been going to the games since '98 when we were the Oilers. That's well over 100 total games now. I think I'd know how it is at the games.

As for me, I stand up at all times when we are on defense, unless no one else is standing. You've got to be respectful and not be the douche who's blocking everyone's view. When we are on offense, I sit down.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Lies Alex.

J/k

I go to three or four Vols games a year.

Remember that severe thunderstorm that delayed the Oregon games last year?

Remember the sections that didn't go in and were singing and chanting in the storm. Shirts off, running on the field ect?

I was in that. In my Top 5 sporting events ever.

Yea that was the student's section...
    You got me.

Lol I'm not proud but yet a small part of me is.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

I go to usually two Titan games a year. I'm making it three this year because Atlanta is on the schedule.

I've been going since I was a kid and they were playing at Vandy.

I'm probably not in the hundreds lol but I've been to a bunch.

I've been to a few of away games.

Jacksonville a half dozen times including the AFC Championship game, Indy (old dome) and Baltimore.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Those are similar to the away games I've been to.

Atlanta (Super Bowl), Baltimore (playoff game), Jacksonville (2005), Pittsburgh (2009).

It's about time for another road game for me. Indy, Carolina, and Atlanta are all realistic possibilities for me this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar