The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by The Playmaker, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree. And I've always hated the Governor character. Hell, I like him more than Rick at this point. lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I thought it was misplaced. The whole story could have been told through flashbacks and dialogue. Instead it just interrupted the stories that were unfolding organically.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree. Why not have the Govenor get his weekly segement. Kinda like Helo and Boomer in Battlestar Galactica. I looked forward too their segement

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I'm thinking they will do that for now on. Hard to imagine them neglecting the main story line like that again.

When are they going to find somebody with some answers? How the virus got out and is there anywhere that is not affected by it?

Really curious what the governor is going to do at the prison though.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That show was soo damn good.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I could go for that. The "main group" has gotten old, and frankly, there's not enough there to carry a whole series. A little variety would keep interest, I believe. I'm not a mega-fan of the governor, but I think a little side-story with him for a season, nearly completely unrelated to the prison, would be a big step up from what they have going now.

I just don't "feel" anything for Rick's group anymore. I don't know if it's the actors, writers, or producers' faults, but that's where it's gotten to.

Even while Walter White was doing horrible things in BB, your interest was always piqued, and you always rooted for him. That's something that TWD has lost at this point, IMO.
    When Gus Freng got blown up, and they show his half blown-off face, I literally wanted to jump out of my chair in suspense. That never happens with anything for me.

I guess that's what separates a once in a lifetime show from simply a good show. TWD is an excellent show in season 1. and worth watching for the rest thus far, good at best.

7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I think the governor episode sucked azz

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I didn't see it.. but anything other than the "flu" hitting a bunch of meaningless characters (all but Tyrese and his sister doomed to die quickly anyway), and a little girl who wants a cute pet zombie has to be worse than anything the Gov can throw out.

I used to like Glenn and Maggie.. but I don't even care for them much anymore.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I can't help but wonder if they're trying to set up the Governor as a somewhat "good" character. I actually found myself sympathetic toward him during this episode. I know that may be an "out there" theory. But otherwise I just don't see the point in spending so much time on him and showing what he's been up to in such detail.

Personally I think it would be kind of cool if the Gov and Carol meet up and form their own camp. Then when the inevitable showdown happens you're having mixed feelings about it.

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I dunno it was hard to watch the governor shuffling around for 35 minutes not saying a word

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar