The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by The Playmaker, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO HAVE FINALE ON EASTER SUNDAY? hope I can watch it.

I didn't see the last episode, my friend I leech off of for TWD couldn't make it this week. Of course they pick up the pace. Merle was one of the characters I actually liked. The rest of them could die horrible deaths on show and I wouldn't care. He was funny.

Woodbury/Governor is way past its prime now.. really hope they don't drag it onto another season. If you want to find out who will die: just look to see who has a ton of screen time in that episode or the episode before. really predictable.

here's to a bunch of casualties in the finale!

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Finale was EXTREMELY disappointing IMO. What a bummer.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yup, haven't really been all that impressed with this season as a whole either. I'll go in more details in a few days to give everyone a chance to see it but just a few quick points...

-Surprised they stuck with The Governor, I guess they couldn't figure out a new bad guy?
    -Really lack luster finale. Kind of expected all that going into the episode, nothing was really all that surprising.
    -I guess the Carl storyline will be something to watch.
    -I wish they would go back to being on the road and looking for help. I feel like the zombies are just now in the way of the plot and that shouldn't be the case. The better episodes were when they were in a group traveling and not just hunkered down somewhere. At least with the farm there was a bit of mystery with the barn.
    -The characters are starting to get less tolerable, hopefully they bring in a lot more new blood and change things up a bit.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, I thought the Gov would be dead for sure. And you know it's not going to be resolved early on in season 4. It's likely to be drawn out over the course of the entire season. This is my main problem with WD. They tend to draw stuff out too long. I mean, I get that you have to develop plot and all that. But the show just ends up meandering around too much. At the end of season 2, and now season 3, I was left feeling that the same damn story could've been told in half as many episodes.

I've defended the occasional "slow episode". But the WD is really starting to make a habit of "slow seasons". And that's a different story entirely. I still love the show. But the show's pacing these past two seasons leaves a lot to be desired.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The beginning of the episode was really gripping....then it kind of went nowhere. With 10 mins left it leaves you thinking.... Surely something has to happen here... And nothing really does. I watched it at the fiancées family's house and the newcomers now get the impression that the show is boring. I told them to go watch season 1.

Could hardly be more disappointed. The Merle happenings were more of an important part to me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

have to agree. they built it up for 2 episodes and then it was like
    [​IMG]

whoooooop deeeeeee dooooooooooo

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

^ Yeah, the beginning of this season was great, the second half was the weakest arc of the series that ended up with a very disappointing finale. Apparently Andrea was a much better character in the comics though.

What I don't understand is since this show is so popular as well as AMC, why can't they make the season finale an extended episode? I remember a lot of season finales on ABC were 80 minutes. And it doesn't even have to be an extra full episode, they could have made the finale even 15 or 20 minutes longer. I get there's a schedule they have to follow, but with how popular this show is, I don't see how they couldn't work something out with AMC.

9. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ya i think i remember the season 2 premiere was 90 minutes but that has been the only one ever.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

IDK, I think the last thing this season needed was to be longer. I'm so disappointed. The season was such a slow burn and the finale was totally not worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar