The Walking Dead - TV series

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'm impressed, thus far...

I must say, I was curious about what transpired at/outside the hospital he woke up in... all that chaos inside and the military setup outside. Yet, there was nobody there.

I kept wondering what happened because it was obvious that there was quite a crew at that site... so, why had he been left..?

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

You, obviously, haven't watched AMC's Rubicon.

You're right, though. The FX were great, especially the half of a zombie woman.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It was good. Very good. It added things from the comics that needed adding, but omitted some stuff that makes some of the character's behavior more understandable (the biggest one is why Rick would go into Atlanta even though it's easy to see it's been hit really hard - Lori, his wife, has all her family there).

The pacing I thought was fantastic. What exactly was rushed? I thought the exposition with Morgan and his son was FANTASTIC. That easily could have been a mediocre, forced scene (as exposition in pilots can usually be).

In terms of acting, a lot of the great stuff was the subtleties. Lincoln was good, didn't blow me away, but Lennie James as Morgan definitely did. I hope we see more of him in the show very soon, because in the comic you don't see him for a long while.

Direction was fantastic - measured and tense the whole time. There were some great individual shots, like Rick entering Atlanta. You can tell Darabont really loves the horror genre.

Also, just a closing note, I agree with Cruds about the makeup work and overall execution of the zombies. That's some of the best horror effects I've seen for a television show, and some of the best I've seen for any zombie film. It was believable enough, grotesque at times, but often times there was something quietly tragic about them. That's often not thought of my directors/producers.

Anyway, long story short, I'm all in. And I'm pretty sure the show will be around for a least another season. It had 5.3 million viewers last night (8 million counting the re-air), which is the best AMC has ever done.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm down with all of the AMC series..
    Rubicon has a completely different target audience and doesn't pander to the ComicCon crowd. The way AMC promoted TWD throughout FearFest I suspect they are banking on huge numbers way beyond what their thinking-man's shows could pull.. I can live with that for a smart zombie series..

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Ditto...

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Cancelled...
    Therein the problem. These networks have to walk the line of keeping it real and catering to the fairweather fans..

7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Crap! You're kidding me!!! That was such a great show. So different than anything on TV right now. Now, I'm left with a big clover-shaped empty space in my heart.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It was a good show that was probably the slowest-burner I've seen on television for quite some time. The funny thing? Before The Walking Dead, it had the best AMC premiere-viewership. I think it was hard for people to get into it, especially if they came in the middle.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Wished they would have done a full season. Walking Dead gets better with each episode..

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Really enjoying the show.

Already been signed for a 12 episode 2nd Season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar