The Walking Dead - TV series

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Andrew Lincoln is a great character actor.

This could be a big break for him.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I got about half way through the graphic novels (there's a lot of 'em), and I liked the serious okay. Kind of dragged. AMC is the hottest cable network for series IMO, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is another good one. I also like the talent involved. I'll definitely stay tuned.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The official trailer is out...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v0gz5f43x40?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v0gz5f43x40?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

This show looks fun. I haven't had fun watching a TV in a long time. AMC keeps on topping themselves...

(with the exception of Rubicon...not a big fan)

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Looks pretty good. Not sure how long they could make it hold up, but it could be a solid season or two.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Actually, in the graphic novel series, the plots and situations get better as the series goes on - the group making their home at an abandoned prison (and it becoming a real death trap), the Woodbury crazies who torture and make survivors fight zombies for entertainment, and the human-hunters all come in later volumes. If the ratings and budget can sustain it, the graphic novel gives a lot of quality ideas for a tv show.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm probably too excited for this show!

Can't wait to see what it's all about. 39 minutes away...

9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Overall, it was pretty good. Seemed a bit rushed, though. I think more time could have been spent on him waking in the empty hospital and realizing he was alone and something was horribly wrong. Also, they could have explained what happened and how long he was out. I'm sure the Sheriff's Deputy would have been a little curious about those things. Nevertheless, I'll keep watching.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm sure they'd have loved to develop more and rush less, but that is how TV rolls. The first episode of a show has to get to the point to get folks to tune in next week. I suspect they will jump around in time w flashbacks etc. The great news is that we finally have more than two hours to see a zombie apocalypse unfold. Many of the dead were the best FX-wise that has been seen in any z-film.
    I'm all in...

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar