The Walking Dead - The Arrival of Negan

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by RTH, Apr 2, 2016.

?

What might happen in the season finale?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2016.
  1. Glenn dies

41.7%
  2. Darrell dies

25.0%
  3. Maggie dies

8.3%
  4. Carl dies

16.7%
  5. Carol dies

16.7%
  6. Tara dies

8.3%
  7. Father Gabriel dies

8.3%
  8. An Alexanrian dies

8.3%
  9. Someone's beaten down and death is unsure until next season

41.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The worst part will be trying to avoid the over the top analysis that will give it away over the next 8 months.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I honestly called this exact ending to my wife about 15 minutes into the episode. WD consistently leaves me feeling unsatisfied yet I just can't stop watching for some reason. Waited all season for Negan and we end up getting like 5 minutes of him and a cliffhanger.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Never got into this, the zombie thing has gone on for about 6 years too long. Its ****ing annoying as ****.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Can we just take a second to acknowledge that Jeffrey Dean Morgan nailed that scene?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Can't wait to see him in full force next season. He's the big bad but he's very likeable. Loved him as Negan.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh for sure. Loved him.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That's mostly what TWD is. Cliffhanger after cliffhanger. It keeps the masses watching, but it's enough to burn you out after a while.

If I legitimately thought they were going to "go somewhere" with the show, I never would have stopped watching.. but it is continually going to be a group of survivors going around, fighting other camps, until each of the main characters die, or the show gets cancelled. There is no possibility of a good, or even satisfying ending to the show. That's what the spinoff show tells me.. It's their contingency plan for when the main show runs out of steam/most of the original characters.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I have a love/hate relationship with this show like I've never had with another show in my life. Like I said earlier in the thread, it pisses me off SO much SO often but I keep not only watching it but even looking forward to it at times. Just weird.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the cliffhanger burnout though. My main problem lately is I feel that the payoffs are just very rarely worth the wait. And as much as Chris Hardwick and the show runners always talk about "ANYTHING can happen" and "NO ONE is safe" in this world..... it sure as hell seems like there is this core group that is basically untouchable. It's just frustrating. Killing off the chubby doctor or some other C-list character simply isn't the "OMG HOLY S***" kind of moment that the writers believe it is. I barely cared. I'm waiting for a BIG death.

I swear to god....
    ... it better be Glen, Carl or Daryl on the receiving end up that beatdown last night. I have a feeling it's gonna be Abraham. But IMO after making us wait so long to see the reveal it REALLY needs to be a OG core group member.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

This "Who Shot JR" scenario was pretty common talk among the horror goons going back to even before this half of the season started so while disappointed, I was not surprised.
    I think this was a mistake on the part of the showrunners that betrayed their fans who put a lot of emotion into anticipating this episode.
    Add to that 20 minutes of Negan monologuing (yes, The Incredibles rule should have been in effect - where Negan finally looks down after running his mouth and everyone is just gone - crickets) and to let the clock make you realize minutes before the end that you won't be satiated makes it all the more frustrating.
    A few of my super hardcore WD friends were even calling bullsh*t, which hasn't happened before.
    And you can also count it against the show that an episode 1 reveal is far lamer than a finale reveal.

And JDM, wtf - when did he get so skinny. He was far less imposing than I had imagined..

Oh well, we'll all come crawling back like we always do...

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think the show overall has been pretty good the past two seasons. They just have this knack for blowing and/or watering down what should be HUGE moments in the show's history. Don't even get me started again on that damn dumpster.....

It's just starting to feel very cheap, and somewhat insulting to the viewers intelligence. I get the feeling that the show's wild success is causing the show runners to question every potential move. Seems that they are afraid of killing the wrong person and pissing off a segment of the fanbase. So instead they try to make you think a major beloved character has died and then they're all "just kidding guys, now we'll kill off this C-level character instead."

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar