The Vince Young Blueprint

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sunshine2, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine2

Sunshine2 Guest

Draft a franchise left tackle if Michael Roos isn't the answer. Poor pass protection will stump VY's growth as a passer.

Draft a number one wide receiver. The WR should never take plays offs because VY can keep plays alive with his feet.

Don't surround VY with rookie WR's. IMHO David Givens isn't a number one wide receiver, but the vet will help VY's grow as a passer.

Don't fire Jeff Fisher if the Titans have a bad season. Continuity is key in VY's growth as a QB. A change in system could set VY back years.

It doesn't sound like Norm Chow is fitting a square peg in a round hole. I love the fact that the Titans are watching film of the "option" to take full advantage of VY's strengths.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

IF they have a bad season because Fisher lost control of the team again, then you have to consider it.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

then they don't wanna fire Chow either (since it's his system)

and how many years exactly will it set him back ?
    he's only been here a few months ........... it can't set him back any further than his tenure

4. Sunshine2

Sunshine2 Guest

I agree. Keeping continuity with the same OC is also key.

My Blueprint is for the next 4 years. Mike Vick's growth as a QB was stumped by a new OC and a new system. Dan Reeves warned the Atlanta Falcons owner his firing would set Vick back a couple of years and he was right. In Vicks second year under Reeves, Vick had his best year as a QB putting up career highs in passing yardage, TD's and QB rating. IMHO if Reeves was still coach Vick would be a better QB today.

5. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

This is where conventional thinking is flawed.

Why should it be assumed that anyone else could "keep control" of the team?

Having a bad season has a lot to do with how well the other teams play on any given Sunday.

The notion of Fisher lacking job security because of the Titan's w/l record is crazy talk.

6. Well...many would argue with that.

VY needs time to develop and watch the game from the Titans point of view, keeping the OC is vital as..................

7. the only part in coaching staff that we might need to change would be on the defensive side of the ball

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

If Fisher loses control of the team like he did last year, he must go. There are lot's of cases where new coach's have taken over programs and regained control, like Couglin with the Giants.
    And I'm not talking his job security is in jeporady because of the w/l record, but because of the team's lack of disipline that we saw last year.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I completely agree and mentioned it during the bye week.

Fisher's strength is dealing with the media. He's always been average with the X's and O's (IMO) but he's always had players working hard for him. Last year, the team seemed to lack concentration, discipline and intensity outside of the Ravens game and Fisher didn't address it. By November, the players had mailed it in. The final two games were a total and complete embarrassments. Fisher waited until after the season to deal with an issue that should have been taken care of in September.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Amen! I would have said Oct. rather than Sept., but the last quarter of the season was completely unacceptable. A coach is responsible for what he gets out of his players. It's not everything, but it's a HUGE consideration. If Fisher doesn't right the ship this season, he deserves to go, much as I've loved him. I don't care about the record that much, if we go 5-11, but we're playing good, hard football, and we just didn't get the W a few times, that's ok. (not ok, but doesn't deserve firing). If we're 6-9 at the last game, and don't come to play hard to close at home against the pats and get pushed around, and players quit, Fisher doesn't deserve to stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar