the Vick/Young wildcat - 'dinger style

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

As much as I detest the thought of eating a dog, I can much more understand underdeveloped countries killing a dog for the purpose of eating it much, much more than I can understand a bunch of thugs/rednecks torturing and killing dogs FOR THEIR PERSONAL PLEASURE.

That may be a sport but as long as they do eat what they kill, it cancels it out. Now, if they were killing dear and leaving the body and what not, I'd be the first to cry foul. But as long as they are eating it, IDGRA. The animal is being used and not wasted.

Humans and dogs did evolve together. It's pretty much common knowledge. For you to deny that, makes you even dumber than I had originally thought. I said humans and dogs evolved together; that doesn't mean dogs evolved the same intelligence that we did.
    Dogs have smaller brains than wolves. They have smaller brains from being around humans for so long. Humans would not be where they are today w/o dogs. Dogs are much more than just pets. You ever heard of any seeing-eye cats or search and rescue lizards?

I have concluded that you are either a re-tard, or you have left the bridge you are supposed to be guarding unattended.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Killing for sport vs Killing for sport. Only because your mind has been molded to see one as worse than another do you not see the similarities.

3. Deuce Wayne

Ok. But regular people with groceries in their cabinets eating dogs is wrong, right?

Understood. So again, if Michael Vick and his friends would have thrown the dogs in to some soup, it'd take away from the cruelty. What if the money made from dog fighting was used to feed someone? Would that make it better?

So dogs have been pets for a long time and are easily trainable... ok? So we should definitely have more sympathy toward them. Makes sense.

Nice conclusion. And from it, I've concluded that you're either 13 years old, or easily irritated when fighting logic.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I agree with Gloat on this - just because the government tells us something is illegal doesn't necessarily make it wrong. If that's true, then you were a hardened criminal in 1932 for drinking alcohol, but in 1933 (after prohibition) you were contributing to society in the form of taxes for doing the same thing. That's just 1 example, there are many.

A dog is an animal. Koreans kill and eat dogs and cats just like we do chickens or cows. Does that make them mean people? If so, we are equally mean for killing and eating an animal just the same. It's all based on society and the views of society on ourselves, and the combined approach of the government making it illegal and people in this country attaching themselves to dogs personally has made the vast majority of Americans believe that what Vick has done is a lot worse than it really may be.

5. Deuce Wayne

But you know, with that post you just supported dog torture, right?

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You obviously agree with Gloat because you're missing the same point. The discussion isn't about eating animals. It's about torture, abuse and neglect...

That said, some cultures also kill and eat people. You ok with that too?

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

From a total failure to understand the meaning and basis of the concept of rights. Animals have rights, goes one fallacious argument, because they have the ability to feel pain. Whereas animals certainly can feel pain, pain is not the basis for rights. Consider the illogic of such a view. If pain were the basis for rights, then it would be all right to kill somebody as long as you did it while he was unconscious. At the same time it would be wrong to put people through medical procedures that caused pain, even though they consented to it. And we would have to go to court to stop sharks from causing pain to the minnows they eat.

Rights can only be given to people with rational thoughts. No animal in existence has ever proven such rationale, therefore they should receive no rights. It's important to note that I personally feel that what he did was morally wrong because the intentional pain he inflicted on the animals was unnecessary. However, we as a people and government, should not 'torture' Michael Vick (a human) now because of what he did to 1 specific species different than his own.

As far as killing people - of course that is wrong. As I indicated, humans are the only species capable of making logical, rational thoughts, and they/we should be protected with rights. Not animals.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

it's illegal to do any thing that makes fast easy money. sex, drugs, dog fighting, pirate software, brand name knock offs, and any thing that is legal the Government must get their cut.

I'll bet anything the law doesnt give a damn about the dogs they just dont want large amounts of cash going to the winners. the animal rights people and animal lovers are the ones that cry about the dogs.

I bet if you was to make your own horse track and got horse owners to race for money they would shut you down.

9. Deuce Wayne

Um...actually...
    I don't think anyone is arguing for the torture. So YOU and the others are probably the ones missing the point.

All I'm arguing is that it's completely hypocritical to bash one form of animal cruelty and then support another. But since I said that, I of course by the way of George Bush logic- am a dog terrorist.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

fail

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar