the Vick/Young wildcat - 'dinger style

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

You're right, maybe people are not "actually" trying to destroy it but ignorance is. Stupidity and power, bad combination.

Right again, the only problem is that before the last 100 years or so it took thousands of years (or at least hundreds) to change the ecosystem now we are changing the planet in decades.

It means knowing that we are part of a whole. It means that we should at least know (being the intelligent beings that we are) that what we do affects all the planet, for better or for worse.

We don't have to know how everything works, animals don't but somehow they understand the balance of nature and act accordingly.

Somebody made a comment about animals being there for us to decide what to do with them, going back to the begining: Power+stupidity bad combination.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm not trying to be annoying, but I really don't see how "knowing that we are a part of a whole" really does anything. I agree with you that animals don't know what they're doing, but they also don't understand the balance of nature. Animals do what they have to in order to survive, and the ones that do it best thrive. Animals manipulate their environment to produce results that benefit them, and they may or may not be doing it consciously. Beaver dams change the area around them vastly, and it could be for better or for worse, beavers aren't really conscious of that. They do it because they need to do it. I also think that most people know that what they do affects the planet, they just don't know how much, or how good or bad it will be. However, I don't think that we can always know that. Neither can animals. We may be smarter, but we've seen time and time again that we can't avoid some things, and we can't predict the outcomes of our actions in a lot of ways.

3. GoTitans3801

See, here's the problem, you'd rather see yourself as smarter and aware than acknowledge something that's very clear, that there is a difference between dog fighting and hunting. Congrats on realizing that everyone is some kind of hypocrite, I think most people had that revalation sometime in high school, or maybe their freshman philosophy class, when it totally blew their minds. Are you going to go yell at your parents because you just realized that they aren't perfect? I feel like I'm lecturing to one of the kids in Dead Poet's society here, convinced that no one else has ever had such an amazing revelation. Wow. You remain amazing and brilliant, moreso than anyone else, ever. Seriously? Get over yourself.

Simplifying things, in the case of murder, people realize that they can be convinced that killing another person is wrong in general, but they can justify it in certain instances. Where you draw the line is important. Is it at self defense? Is it at people who have committed murder themselves? Should you consider emotional/psychological defenses? That doesn't mean that they can't say that a particular case is wrong without being hypocritical. In this debate, people can think it's ok to eat animals, or to hunt for sport, but not to engage in a "sport" that revolves around an inhumane treatment of dogs. Heck, I don't like ****fighting, but I could even see some justifications for why it's much more legitimate than dog fighting. To argue that they're exactly the same is what's ridiculous.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Was this pointless rant really worth the time? Still stands: Through observation, I see the faults in your views through my own. Thus the reason I can break it down logically whereas you're blind and still regurgitating the same nonsense that only proves my original points correct. Something that probably does blow your mind...maybe even to the point you become insecure enough to throw out childish insults.

ladeeda...again, let someone else help you on this one. Unless you're just posting for the heck of it knowing Alex will give free high fives just for disagreeing with me.

5. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

torture (tor⋅ture)
    –noun
    1. the act of inflicting excruciating pain, as punishment or revenge, as a means of getting a confession or information, or for sheer cruelty.
    2. a method of inflicting such pain.
    3. Often, tortures. the pain or suffering caused or undergone.
    4. extreme anguish of body or mind; agony.
    5. a cause of severe pain or anguish.
    6. what Michael Vick did to his dogs

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

that gets my vote.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GoTitans3801

Hahahaha...

If you really think that you're the only one who has the capacity to understand what you think are highly intellectual and logical distinctions, I feel sorry for you. Everyone understands hypocrisy, you just use it to get out of arguments about actual distinctions. Feel free to use it as a defense mechanism though, just know that everyone else can see through it. What you just stated "still stands" is basically an attempt at making "I'm rubber and you're glue" sound intelligent. The reason I'm repeating myself is because you don't address the reasons that there ARE differences between hunting, eating meat, and dog fighting. If you can't see that, your perspective is clearly off.

9. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar