The value of a fourth-rounder

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. smili

smili Starter

3rd round picks from 1995 to 2005 - actually a pretty good crew. No Derrick Masons in there (yet).

2005 Courtney Roby WR Indiana
    2005 Brandon Jones WR Oklahoma
    2004 Randy Starks DT Maryland
    2004 Rich Gardner CB Penn State
    2003 Chris Brown RB Colorado
    2002 Rocky Calmus MLB Oklahoma
    2001 Shad Meier TE Kansas State
    2000 Erron Kinney TE Florida
    2000 Byron Frisch DE Brigham Young
    1999 Zach Piller G Florida
    1998 Dainon Sidney CB Ala.-Birmingham
    1997 Denard Walker CB Louisiana State
    1997 Scott Sanderson T Washington State
    1996 Terry Killens OLB Penn State
    1995 Chris Sanders WR Ohio State
    1995 Rodney Thomas RB Texas A&M
    1995 Torey Hunter DB Washington State

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The pick won't esculate to a third-rounder.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I guess, depending on how many wins Baltimore gets, it could be a low or high 4th round pick.

5. So I have to root against the Ravens in hopes that our pick will be better? Boy, that will be hard for me...
    :ravens:

6. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I think whoever we get willl be better than McNair. McNair on the squad would only hinder Vince's progress as an NFL Quarterback. He would be playing later because mcnair has a phat contract, etc. You have to look at the bright side.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Giving McNair up for a 4th and freeing 9 million in CAP room was well worth it. When we consider the vets we don't have to cut and possibly a vet or two we might still be able to sign after the rookies are on board the trade was well worth it.

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I'm with you. I really thought we'd hold on to Mac until the middle of July just to screw with the rat turds and end up cutting him for nothing. I'm kind of surprised that they wouldn't give up the 4th on draft day. Makes them look stupid in my opinion. I suppose, though, there is something to the argument that a 4th this year is worth more than a 4th next year... but not much.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Ravens only offered a 5th before the draft.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Exactly. And the Titans wanted a 4th, which leads to the question "why would the Ravens give up a 4th now, but not on draft day when it would have been of more benefit to them?" They obviously would have liked to have had this situation settled sooner rather than later.

There are only two possible answers.

1. Ravens caved in and decided a 4th was worth it to end all this mess.

2. Ravens were willing to deal next year's 4th, but not this year's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar