The ugly truth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 10, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  3. Almost, they need to make coaching changes.

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly. For the most part, I still feel the same way I did when I first replied to this thread. We aren't suddenly "turned around" because we won two squeakers against average-at-best teams, one of which was missing half their starters.

Sure the games have been more exciting lately. And there is something to be said for that. But I still have major issues with this coaching staff and the front office. We have 3 wins. 2 of those wins came on the final play of the game and the other the final minute. Point still remains that we are YET to put together a dominant performance in all 3 phases. If it's not the run game dragging the team down, it's the pass game. If it's not the pass game, it's the defense. At least one unit looks as if they're completely unprepared to play. Every. Single. Sunday.

So as for me, I'm still done throwing money at this team. I simply haven't seen enough to change my mind. I want nothing more than to be able to completely buy into this team again. I really do. But there's an old saying in Tennessee... fool me once... shame on... on you. Fool me you can't get fooled again.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So unless we are dominant in all 3 phases them the Titans aren't worth spending money on?

I believe there is a phrase for that... something to do with wagons and bands.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Um no Kaeotik. Not at all. You clearly missed my larger point.

It's about constant disappointment and coming up "just short". It's about consistently feeling that you're more concerned with winning than the owner of the damn team. Most importantly, it's simply about feeling ripped off more often than not when you attend a game. Some people don't feel that way, or at least don't mind. I have no problem with that. But just because I'm tired of blowing my money doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan.

If I were a bandwagon fan I sure as s*&t would've picked a team besides the Tennessee Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

In conclusion, I can still support this team without spending money on them.

I want a win on Sundays just as much as the rest of you. And I'm cussing and kicking s*&t just as hard as the rest of you when we lose (a.k.a. get massacred).

5. Alex1939

That's just stupid if you think Bud isn't concerned with winning a championship.

**** he tried to go after a sure-fire first ballot superbowl winning QB and people were still upset.

I easily feel I got my money worth or more out of the Lions and Steelers games. Incredibly entertaining.

They do need to improve atmosphere at the games but at the end of the day it is the actual game that matters most. Two exciting wins.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Those fun games were equally (or greater) balanced by the absolute embarrasing azz-drubbing we took in the games we lost. I'll tell you what is fun- playoff games and victories. Hard fought wins against quality opponents. That is worth the exorbitant ticket prices. The gameday experience has improved- honestly- I DO like the changes they've made. But our fans deserve some playoff runs AND our first Lombardi. The organization is long overdue providing that to the paying faithful.

There just isn't as much investment required to stay at home and watch the team. And I feel like I can be just as good of a fan doing that.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's not what I said.

And that's fine. I'm glad you had a good time.

But for me, I'm over it until I can actually feel good about the direction this organization is headed. Like I said, its going to take more than a couple of nail-biter victories over average-at-best teams to change my mind.

Doesn't mean I'm not still supporting my team. Just that I'm done throwing money at them willy-nilly. I have better things to spend my money on at the moment.

From my perspective, it's simply idiotic for me to keep throwing money at a product I don't believe is even on the right track.

8. Alex1939

What concerns you about our direction?

Young QB that may or may not be the longterm future.

CJ is well CJ. We have a good opt-out on his contract or we keep him and continue his high pay if he plays well.

Best WR core in Titans history... or at least most promising with emergence of Kendall Wright.

Best TE core.

Hit or miss OL.

Young D draft picks that are making plays here and there from Ayers-Brown-Morgan. Still needs work but some young guys that will maybe be good. That left out McCarthy and McCourty (who has been hit or miss) as well.

Kern-Bironis-Reynaud- Quality special teams

We went after the #1 Free Agent prospect and almost got him which would've dramatically changed the W/L record (imo) and fanbase (stupid to argue against that).

I feel we are trying.

Last year was 9-7, we are 3-4... I just find all this a little over dramatic regarding our team direction.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I could type up a really long rebuttal. But really, it all boils down to the coaching staff. I don't have much confidence in a single one of them outside of Lowry. Yeah 3-4 looks "decent" on paper. But when you look deeper into the nature of the wins/losses it doesn't look so pretty.

But hey, it's still early. We could turn it all around in which case I'll gladly eat crow. But I just haven't seen anything so far this season that would lead me to believe this is anything other than "same old Titans" (i.e. Just bad enough to miss the playoffs; Just good enough to feel confident that we could actually do something next season, thus very few changes are made).

I'm just sick of the mediocrity.

10. Alex1939

Whether or not you were pro/against Manning... would you have viewed that signing as commitment from the front office to do better than mediocrity?

Worth noting we did offer him more money than the Broncos. With Manning, I really believe the entire team is elevated including the defense because of what the offense could achieve.

I get the ? about the coaching staff. I think Munch has to show he is more than a Fisher "loyalist" that will keep coaches regardless of performance.

There are only 3 teams in the AFC with more wins than the Titans. I think with some luck, a few adjustments, some key injuries on other teams... we could be the best of the ****ties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar