The ugly truth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 10, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  3. Almost, they need to make coaching changes.

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I completely agree.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The question was are you through spending money on this team. Obviously, that is a static question in a dynamic situation. We were being beaten horribly and the team had no signs of life and the players and coaches alike looked lost.

Yes- we are 3-4 now. Each of those wins were against struggling teams and they were marginal wins by 3 points or less that came down to the very end. I agree there HAS been some positive direction, particularly with the offense. I don't know if it ALL moving Palmer up to the booth, but the improvement in scoring does correlate with that move.

The defense, however, continues to allow opponents to score easily. We have only held the Steelers to under 30 points. The other 6 opponents all scored better than that. There is a lot that is left to be fixed. I wouldn't at all be surprised if we beat the Colts but I'm not counting on it unless we can score >30 points on them.

I still think we need some coaching changes. Being 3-4 doesn't change that at all. It is interesting to see how we stack up against the Colts. A win against them would indeed make for a very exciting game when we host the Bears.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

maybe we should put gray up in the box?

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Or, hire him...

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

A hole 6 feet deep would be better.

6. JCBRAVE

Anybody remember in 2009 we went 0-6 with Collins, then 8-2 with Vince, and CJ promised we'd make the playoffs?

I feel like we're back to that but CJ isn't saying much this time. I'm not as excited this time, I need one of our players to step up.

7. TitansWillWin2

we would have made the playoffs if fisher and vince could have got along! We started that season 5-2 i think!

8. JCBRAVE

That was 2010

9. TitansWillWin2

I thought you were referring to the season after 09

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well when it comes to spending money, there is a fun factor involved. The Lions and Steelers games were fun even if our team still looks pretty bad.

As far as defense, yes it is horrendous. But there are a few bright spots here and there that make me think we have at least some young guys in place that can be around for a while. Still need more pieces to be a good defense but I don't think it is 11 pieces and some of the pieces we have could be around a decade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar