The Turin Horse - Worst movie of all time?

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by GeronimoJackson, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Rubber is a decent film considering. Many times better than Twilight etc.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I have only seen the posted intro of Turin Horse but I will say it's beautifully shot and at least is not dumb.
    People actually purchase and watch entire seasons of **** like Honey Boo Boo.
    I'll take scenery over stupid all day long...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I had never heard of Honey Boo Boo until my sister told me about it. Checked it out on YouTube. My first reaction was to tell her she was going to hell for watching it.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Honey Boo Boo and those rednecky baby mama teen shows on MTV are exploiting stereotyped Appalachia's dumbest characters.
    If you are a southerner and love the south you should boycott this crap with a vengeance.
    Honey Boo Boo is too young to understand exploitation and her parents are too stupid to know the world is laughing at them not with them. Shameful..

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't mind "arthouse" and even like some of it. But in my experience "arthouse" all too often really means "overly-indulgent, convoluted crap". Movies should be entertainment first and art second. But that's absolutely just my opinion and what I personally look for in a movie. I can't stand stuff that just kind of meanders around for 2+ hours while the director highlights all the cool-looking shots he can pull off.

That's not to say it's without merit though. Like you said, different strokes and all that. And note, none of my comments are directed toward The Turin Horse as I know absolutely nothing about it. Haven't even bothered to watch the trailer in the OP.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

When that show first came out I loved seeing all the Southern moms on Facebook making comments like "Southerners are NOT all like Honey Boo Boo's family but I LOVE this show!!! LOL!!!" Meanwhile this show only reinforces that stereotype to the rest of the country and then we look even worse for eating it up.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It is sad. Honey Boo Boo will end up messed in the head once she finds out the entire world is laughing at her. And yes, I said world. It is on in multiple countries. The Jon & Kate plus 8 kids too. They will end up messed up too. Ever hear of the Dionne Quintuplets? They all ended up screwed up and that was before TV.

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Lol scenery, having some pretty shots of nature doesn't excuse a bad movie, Malick doesn't get a pass either, although I do like a couple of his movies. Read that long post I made on why The Turin Horse sucks.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Oh lord, not the ol' "arthouse" excuse, the oldest trick in the bag. The Seventh Seal is what a good arthouse film is, The Turin Horse nothing but a gimmick pretending to be art that some pretentious folks actually bought into, *directs you to the long post I made on page 2 letting people know why iI hated it*

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar