The truth & why Fisher has to go

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TxTitansFan, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TxTitansFan

TxTitansFan Camp Fodder

Outside of being a snake and a divisive coach, lets look at the stats:

Wade Phillips - His career winning percentage as a head coach is .581.
    Jeff Fisher - His career winning percentage as a head coach is .557.

Outside of having a crappy winning percentage, Jeff has won 5 playoff games in 16 years. If we didn't have the MCM in 99, he would have 2 playoff wins. Wow, what a stud we have.

Still want to keep Fisher over VY?

Jeff's record (2006-2009) without VY starting is 14-18.
    Jeff's record (2006-2009) with VY starting is 26-9.

What a bright future we have with our stellar coach.

• High Five High Five x 16
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Both have to go if anything. There's your truth.

• High Five High Five x 7
  3. barlow2008

barlow2008 Camp Fodder

Agree 100% on Jeff Fishers mediocrity

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

If Bud sticks to his guns (and lives until next summer..) I see Fisher opting out and Vince being the starter next year if he remains trouble free. It might not be the best outcome long term but I'm pretty sure Bud's decision will force Fisher to leave & Vince to get one last chance & it will be the best chance of winning games next year unless Rusty explodes and plays amazing and we somehow win 9 or 10 games.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Don't care if VY goes or not. I want him here but want fisher gone.

6. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

Agreed. If Fisher goes and VY stays then that's also divisive for the future coach and VY would be a coach killer.

Honestly, VY would have alot more people on his side from Sunday if he had just handled it like a professional. I would have been on his side at least, now I'm more 60/40 for Fisher and ideally would want to boot both.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Both have to go and maybe Grandson Adams should take over too... As much as VY is Buds homeboy, the owner should never be in the coach or the players corner. Maybe we can't have our pie and eat it too... but I don't think Bud should have stepped in like he did last year and demand a change like he did. I think you should speak through your coach and fisher didn't want to swallow his ego and say it was a coaching decision, fisher's ego was so big that he allowed the owner to shoulder the decision. So I vote for all three. I want bud to retire... not die of old age. I just wanna make that clear, I know he is elderly and it aint nothing like that. He seems like a bad but he should just be more laid back and know his role, fish should know his role, and vy needs to know his role. I think the only way they will do that is with a team outside of nashville tennessee. I'm still a VY fan and he will be a starter next year. Panthers? How nasty would that be.

8. Stu

Stu Special Teams Standout

Obviously calling for coaches' heads is easy to do when we lose some consecutive games, but I personally want to see how this team responds with Rusty running the offense. Let the rest of the season dictate what needs to be done. And for the record, VY is mediocre.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Never in a million years did I think I'd be siding with Vince as much as I have been the past couple of days... His behavior was inexcusable with regard to how he handled this whole situation, despite the fact that I definitely feel he has a very legitimate basis for being pissed off by the way his head coach has continuously acted toward him for the last 2-3 years. He was wrong to walk out on the team, he was wrong to publicly attack Fisher the way he did in an insubordinate way in front of the team, Titan's staff, and media, and he only helped reinforce Fisher's spin and the media perception that he is a spoiled brat incapable of handling pressure and adversity, however...

All that said, my disappointment in Fisher has reached an all time new level though with how unprofessionally he has handled this entire situation since last year. Fisher has clearly demonstrated with his own immature and unprofessional manner that he has never been behind Vince from the beginning really... It has been widely publicized that Vince was a pick he didn't want yo make in the 06' draft, he also has seemingly undermined Vince's ability to gain confidence in himself ever since the Jags game meltdown in year two, and the constant gamesmanship and lack of direct communication with Vince has also been clearly defined since then.

What troubles me most is that Fisher keeps saying that Vince never made it clear to him, Dinger, or the QB coach that he wanted back in the game and felt he could play effectively, yet we all know it was plain to see that Vince was making every effort to throw with a glove/taped up thumb a mere 5 yds from where Fisher was standing (and clearly watching by his own admission that he saw balls sailing and made a decision based on what the Drs. were telling him). It's beyond fathomable that Fisher couldn't walk over and ask Vince where he stood and then explain to Vince face to face, mano y mano, why he felt it was a better option to stay with Rusty.

Do you think for a second that Belicheck/Brady, Brees/Payton, Manning/Caldwell, Rodgers/Martz, Vick/Ried (I can keep going... but you get the point) wouldn't talk directly about a critical game affecting decision such as this issue has become ???

It's beyond excusable, beyond understandable, beyond acceptable that Fisher keeps getting a pass with his behavior in this situation !!! I suppose I understand why they asked Vince to leave if Fish is going to address the team about this whole deal, but it's clear to me that Fisher is acting like the d**k he really is by NOT going directly to Vince himself and telling him why he doesn't want him there at present.

Fisher is a gutless coward, a poor communicator, and an average coach that will never ever bring a championship to Nashville. I am done with this team until he is gone and I've been a fan since I was 10 yrs old and lived in Houston and saw my first Oiler's game. Vince may very well never be a truly professional Superbowl caliber QB, and unless Fisher is gone next year we'll never know if the growth we saw at playing the position last and this year would pay off, but Fisher will ALWAYS be nothing more than an average predictable dinosaur of a coach in this league unless he inherits a stacked team that someone else put together (Dallas perhaps).

Jeff Fisher SUCKS !!!

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The truth is Jeff Fisher won't go. Not this year at least. If there's a lockout that goes through June or July why hire a new coach who would then have 2 months to implement his staff and system?

It ain't happenin'.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar