The truth about what we need

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanicvolfan, Dec 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdee

jdee Guest

Our skill position players are good enough to be successful on a good team. But this isn't a good team. We need to address the offensive and defensive lines in the draft and free agency. The two things we could hang our hat on a few years ago when we competed for division titles...we could run the ball, and we could stop the run. We can't do either now.

JDee

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

this could be because he is worried about his knee.

Once having knee surgery its more psychological then physical because of the worry of doing it again.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

a few more things to consider

considering Chow's TE pass heavy schemes - the more the merrier
    (but, the 3 we have a plenty servicable, no need to bring others in)
    cutting / trading Kinney will do next to nothing
    unless someone wants him bad enough to overpay - then it's business

the 'o6 draft is pretty heavy on the front end for premiere QB's
    and the time to make a trade for Philip Rivers is now - regardless of whether or not we actually pull the trigger.
    if Jay Cutler is available for some strange reason (meaning outside of our top 5 pick) then we get Cutler. #5 (or 6-8) is a little high to take him. but if we slide back into the late teens, it'll be a good time to take him
    Cutler wouldbe the feel good story for the city and a popular pick

RB is a big gamble either way. I still like DeAngelo Williams, but he's bound to be a 20's (or late teen selection)

O-Line needs help. D'Brickashaw around #6 is about right. It's very likely that if we stay there, we'll pick Ferguson

yes, the secondary needs some work. I kinda like LaMont, and i think Tank's season was a fluke. the safeties got hung out this year, but as the corners get better, their jobs will get easier.
    Adam and Reynaldo will be mini-studs by '07

LB is a need spot, but with the group available at the time we draft, AJ Hawk probably won't be "the guy". despite having a rough day with Ricky, the run D has (on many occasions) surprisingly shut down some of the best RB's in the league. Yes, we need to bring in some LB depth, but I don't think it'll be AJ (just like I didn't think last year it'd be DJ)

so,....

QB - yes, the time is now to draft / trade for the 'next' (Cutler late is nice)
    RB - it's a toss up either way. If Houston drafts Bush, I want Dom Davis
    ----- not sure we draft one high, unless DeAngelo falls into our laps (2nd)
    WR- need some added depth. Ty might not come around. Drew is NOT a #1 but is an excellent #2, too bad BJ took a hit, because he looked like a future #1. the group we come up with last year will be around for awhile . we'll need some draft looks and maybe FA. Wade might stick
    OL - D'Brickashaw will be a franchise OL, but will we bite
    SAFETY - LaMont better than shown. Tank fluked a year
    Corner - need a good solid nickle and depth
    Coach - Schwartz at the minimum should be demoted. someone might like him as their HC, but Idon't like him as our DC

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

stop it .... stop it right now

all of you (not just Gunny)

Ty's "knee" has nothing to do with his "hands"
    I Can see him being ginger about making cuts, but we don't ak him to cut
    and a WR need not be planted to make a CATCH
    it's his hands that are the problem, not his knees

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

ever done a knee?

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it didn't affect my hands

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you obviously dont know the effects of it.

8. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I wouldn't mind drafting DeAngelo Williams.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

obviously you are not a receiver

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I say this again

ANY ailment outside of blindness or broken wrists/fingers should have NO effect on a players ability to catch a football

Ty's problems catching the ball are not horse-tackle related

do not let the demonic fool you with words like "obvious"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar