The Truth About Rod Hood

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Those CBs that just got signed by the Saints did well...against Brady, Moss, and Welker. I don't care where a player comes from, 1st round pick, undrafted free agent, whatever. If he's playing well for the team, put him in. Sometimes a player just works well in a new system with different guys around him. Hood may or may not be that guy, but he hasn't gotten burned so far and has made some big plays for us.

2. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Mckenzie is a former saint... though he played under a different defensive coordinator, not like he has been out of football for a very long time..i believe

3. Huge Bobes

Huge Bobes Camp Fodder

You can't use that reasoning to say Harper is better. No one, not even the best coaches, always knows who the best player is.

Fish started Kerry Collins in our first six games this year. Does that mean Kerry is a better player than Vince?

In light of recent events, I think not.

I think Harper did well last year because of Hanesworth and the D-line. Because we had the talent to rush only four and get pressure on most plays, we could play our cover two a lot. All Harper had to do was jam the reciever and get ready to make a tackle in the flat. Our line was so good that there was never any need to mix up the coverages much, so Harper didn't get burned as much as he should have.

Now, however, it is a different story. It's not as easy to collapse the pocket without fat #92 in the mix, so were playing a lot more man. The loss of Hanesworth is the main reason Harper's been getting burnt so many times and our pass defense has gone from one of the best in the league to one of the worst.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar