The Truth About Rod Hood

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Honestly, I'd almost prefer to put McCourty in over Harper. I got nervous every time Andre lined up against him last week and will probably do the same every time Manning drops back next week. Wayne and Garcon both have the ability to go deep. Hood may not be an outstanding CB, but I think he's faster than Harper and with 3 picks, he can at least find himself in the right place at the right time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Harper led the Titans in tackles last Sunday.

3. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Nobody said the man couldn't tackle. That's a pretty sad statistic in itself. What that stat means to me is that the other team saw your side as the best side to advance the ball on so they went that way a larger percentage of the time.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Cornerbacks get a lot of tackles when the receivers they're guarding get a lot of catches....

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

6. TitanJeff

Like the five receptions for 53 yards he gave up to Boldin?

I have my own issues with Harper but he played well the second half of the Texans game defending one of the league's best and handled his own against another of the league's elite WRs.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good Harper Hatefest, eh? ;)

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Harper is terrible

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

How bout when Tim Hightower (a running back) motioned wide and lined up one on one against him and beat him for a 25+yard reception? Sure, he didn't get torched for 100 yards and a TD, but that definitely isn't to say he played great. I did notice, tho, that nearly everytime he was lined up against Fitzgerald they ran the ball....thank god for that

9. TitanJeff

Hightower is a solid receiver. He has 366 yards receiving which would make him the #2 receiver for the Titans.

I'm not saying Harper can't be upgraded because he clearly can. I hope Mouton makes huge strides this off-season or the Titans bring in someone but the question is whether or not Hood upgrades the position.

I don't think that's a forgone conclusion based on his three games against mediocre passing teams. I also think Harper is playing better than many here are willing to admit.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Hood doesn't have the speed you want in a corner. I like the guy, so don't get me wrong, but he hasn't played against elite, top-tier receivers that create separation 40 yards down field. He has safety speed basically. He's a great guy to keep around for some depth but just because he made a few good plays doesn't mean that he needs to be starting. I'd like to see him more though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar