The Truth About DJ Hackett

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tez, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The last thing the Titans need to do is rely on a rookie WR.(I doubt we'll draft Colstion of the 08' draft.) So the Titans need to sign a good WR like Hackett and draft one in the 2nd like Bennett. Problem solved. Next topic.... is LP Field the worst stadium name???

2. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

If the San Francisco's stadium was still called Monster Park, I would have to go with that... Sounds like a cheap halloween amusement park. So yes... Louisiana Pacific Field is the worst stadium name.

edit - That reminds me... how are Louisiana and Pacific even mentioned in the same phrase... and its located in Nashville, TN... these people will do anything for money

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Look, the reason we have not been in contact with Hackett or B. Johnson's agents is because we signed a similar player in Justin Gage. Look at the measurables, production and age. They're all the same. The only thing Gage has on them, though, is experience playing with VY. Now we could bring in either one and if we do, I'd prefer Bryant Johnson. After that, bring in someone like McCareins on a deal similar to what Gage got from us last year and we're set. Shoot, I'd be satisfied with bringing in only McCareins and drafting a WR in rounds two or three.

4. DJB

DJB Starter

I think the Titans should do whatever it takes to sign Johnson before the Bills or Bears do. In my opinion Johnson is much better than Gage or Hackett

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm not impressed with DJ Hackett, reminds me of Givens but more injury prone. Not really fast, not really quick, but gets catches and plays in a pass friendly offense with a good QB. How these WRs project in a basic offense with a lousy QB?

6. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Titans considered "leaders" for Hackett

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/03/could-hackett-be-a-steal.html

"...Agent Kevin Robinson said last night that the Titans are the leaders for Hackett. That's if he doesn't re-sign in Seattle, and Robinson added that the Seahawks are neck-and-neck with Tennessee. He still hasn't heard from the Cowboys...."

He's also expected to visit soon

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../80306022/1027

The FO is listening to me I just talked to MR... I think we grab DJ for a great price

7. JJM1181

JJM1181 Camp Fodder

Everyone's mentioning he's injury prone... Well KVB was injury prone too...now he's a top DE in the league. Nuff said...I say sign him..what have we got to loose? And as Fisher says, we need to create competition at that position.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

So, we should sign Johnson for a 5yr $48M contract if that is what he's asking? Is that what you'd do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar