Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

The Trilogy Poll - Lord of the Rings

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Gunny, May 23, 2008.

?

Lord of the Rings - Which was the best

Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring 4 vote(s) 33.3%
Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers 3 vote(s) 25.0%
Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King 5 vote(s) 41.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,041
    This poll is the highly successful Lord of the Rings trilogy.
  1. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $732
    Since this is in the movie section I'm going to go ahead and put two and two together and assume you're talking about the flicks. I liked all of the films but the impact of seeing middle-earth realized in live action the big screen for the first time was impossible for Jacksom to recreate in his sequels (at least for me), so I'd have to go with the first offering "The Fellowship of the Ring".
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,041
    Yes the movies.

I am going with the Two Towers BARELY over The Return of the King. The fight at Helms Deep was damn good.
  2. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    Funny that the first two have the initial votes... didn't the third one win the most oscars?
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,520
    I'm afraid that I can't vote for it that way, because it is, in fact, one long story and not three related ones with recurring characters and three different climactic scenes. Unlike the Stars Wars trilogies, there's no change in time frames or locations. The books and movies would simply be entirely too much to take in all at once, and would have never been read or watched.
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,520
    As it should....the movie wasn't finished until the final installment was released.
  3. Kid Gloves Guest

Brokeback of the Rings

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZL4G7uELn6M&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZL4G7uELn6M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  4. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,525
    they all sucked.
  5. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    Heresy!!! :grrr:

I agree with Avvie, I can't rank them. But not just because it's all 1 big story. I can't pick between them, I thought they were all great.

Bring on the Hobbit!
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,041
    I can see why you'd visit this thread then...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.