The Tough Life of an International Tennessee Titans Fan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: I remember the first time I saw an NFL game, it was around 1990 and me, being six or seven years old, had never seen a game like American Football – known as Gridiron around most of the world – my Father was a fan and got my brother and myself into the sport. Back then, NFL games were on late night/early mornings on Channel 2 hosted by Don Lane. I remember Warren Moon, dressed in the Oilers Blue and white pants, wearing the white helmet with the blue oil derrick, launched a perfect pass to an Oiler wide receiver for a touchdown. That is all I remember, I do not remember who the receiver was, nor do I remember who the Oilers were playing against.

I became an instant fan of American Football and the Houston Oilers after seeing that pass.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001466.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Thanks to Gunny for writing this and all those who participated.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Awesome Big Poppy!

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sweet. LazyManJ can stop harassing me now.

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Thanks for the hard work gunny, appreciate it!

6. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

Excellent Gunny, and thanks to all the guys who participated. I've always wondered how people who live so far away came to love the Titans, and now I know.

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I didn't know we had a German here and three Danes...wow.....

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and a Curling fanatic....

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I really enjoyed that article a lot, I can sort of understand a little about the difficulty in following the NFL while abroad. I was stationed in GTMO for about 3 years during my time in the Navy and only got info a by a small base paper and the occasional delayed telecast. There was armed forces radio but they always seemed to have the cowpokes, redskins, on so I tended not to listen.

10. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Good stuff Gunny! It's good to find out about our Titan fans from around the globe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar