The Titans have contacted the Cardinals about Anquan Boldin.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Add Roos and Stewart to the "hell :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr: no" list.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Seriously... is this the 20th anniversary of Tommy Hilfiger or something?!

3. Titan Dut

Titan Dut Guest

I'm not a huge fan of this. Giving up two picks for an aging WR who isn't happy in Arizona seems like a mistake.

This draft is going to be filled with WR's that will be making an impact in this league for a long time. MR and Co have proven to me they can identify talent I want to see what he can do in the draft.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Trade our whole draft and KfC for Kurt Warner and Boldin.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I love your sarcasm.

6. TitansCollector

TitansCollector #9 GBNF

Here is food for thought, how many of our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round players have washed out of the leauge, been releaed, or ride the forgotten pine? IMHO a first and a third is well worth a sure handed posession reciever. Washington and Gage provide the deep threat, and we all know Anquan can at least catch the ball and has a physical toughness about him!

Or on the flip side, we can spend another draft pick on a Calico, McCarens, Roby, Williams, or any other reciever we have drafter in the last 10 years.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

when did 28 make you "aging"

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I hate to admit it (and I'm doing it with teeth clenched), but jesse made some valid points. MR knows Boldin isn't going to be cheap. He also knows that AZ probably isn't going to entertain anything but damn serious offers. So why would MR do that? Just to hear himself speak?
    Remember folks, we were all up and ready to offer SD exactly what they initially wanted for Michael Turner (a 1st and 3rd), but their doosh nozzle GM renegged at the last minute. Granted he's an RB, but the FO isn't afraid to pull the trigger on trades involving multiple draft pics.
    That FO tends to be very hush hush on their operations. I mean honestly, who here thought they were going to draft CJ last year?

9. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Actually, we were ready to offer a 1st (only) for Turner, and as the draft neared they decided that they wanted more than that and we backed out.

Since we got Griff and CJ, I don't mind so much...

10. pyro1772

pyro1772 Camp Fodder

I would be down for it. Like I said he's tough and big. Would be able to run block(which is important for us). Plus, if you restructure and give him a long term deal, it wouldn't be that bad. With 10 pics this year I think we can afford it. and if there is someone in the third round we can't live without, trade one of our exra 4-7 round picks to get him. I do think if they sign him before the draft, look for us drafting a project QB and dumping YV. Also, don't think they will pick up Lendale after this year either. We'll see. JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar