The Titans franchise since the Move.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Dec 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Assuming a loss next week (truthfully, does anyone not think they have checked out?), the all time Titans/oilers record since relocating to TN is 153-151.

We will shortly see the end of the 19th season with the Franchise. To me, the time is divided into 4 eras. 1st two years I call "relocation years" first year in Memphis, second in Nashville at Vandy 8-8 both years. Second Era, that I call "Fisher Prime", 1999-2003 team record of 56-24 with 4 playoff appearances including the SB loss, two years of 13-3 and perhaps the best D in the NFL two of those years. Then we have the last 7 years of Fisher...what I call the "fisher I'm tired of being here years"...team record of 54-58...but if you take out the two "Fat albert gonna get paid years" the last 7 years of fishface were rather pathetic indeed at a 31-49 for a .388 winning percentage and an average of 6 wins per year. The last Era is the post fishface time with a team record of a truly pathetic 27-53 or a winning percentage of .338 or only 5.4 wins per year. So at the end of 19 seasons we have seen 7 winning teams only 6 playoff appearances, with no playoffs in the last 7 years and only one winning season in that time. That is it. This draft and off season are key and probably the most important in franchise history.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Assuming a loss next week? If Mariota is out its a loss, no questions

We've been a sub 500 team for some time now, not gonna matter if that extends to our all time record... But it would be nice to avoid...

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree generally with the eras mentioned by the OP, but I still go back to 2000, after the Super Bowl season, when Jeff Diamond was dumped and replaced by Bud's grandson as a turning point for the franchise.

Since then ownership nepotism/good 'ol boy network, coupled with Bud's inevitable decline due to age, then finished off by poor transition planning/denial have largely been the cause of this horrific decline.

I completely agree that this offseason is hugely important for the franchise in Nashville (could set the direction for this franchise in the 10-15 year future...and may even impact whether this team eventually leaves). I am just hoping (and hoping, and hoping) that this team is sold to an owner/ownership group with Tennessee ties sooner rather than later. I really do not see another way out of this abyss. The change needs to be absolute and complete, at all levels IMO. Cultural change from the top down is extremely important for this franchise right now.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

I believe the team has to be sold to see a real culture change.

Look at what happened in Jacksonville.

Got a new owner, fan interest improved greatly, stadium revamp, Khan absolutely cleaned house when he took over.

Ownership change can jump start a franchise.

I know this team isn't for sale supposedly but damn I'd like to see it happen.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't think the team has checked out. They simply aren't a good, or even average, football team.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I firmly believe it is going to have to be a complete ownership change, and to someone interested in making a statement as a business owner.

I'm not sure that person exists.

except maybe Trillary......if only...

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I actually think that the coaches have checked out at this point. They know that they will be getting pink slips soon.

I think that LeBeau is done as well. He may finally be deciding that, at 79 years old, it may be time to enjoy retirement a bit....can't blame him for that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Clean house or else....if the ownership presents ANY of this leadership to the fan base next season attendance will be the joke of the NFL...if it isn't already. I can always be a chief fan again.

9. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Re

Yeah, I mean remember when home games meant something? Nashville used to be a tough place to come and play. These days its essentially a meet and greet for your fans and an off week for the team.

I dont need superbowls. I hope to see the Titans win one in my life, I expect them to at some point, but all I want is to cheer for a respectable team. I just want to watch games, and see the team play hard, and have players that Id want my sons to root for.

I am numb to these thoughts of getting a new coach, and "turning things around", and "in 3 years we can be a playoff team." I want to see a team that looks like it wants to play, and is ready to play. I want to watch player interviews, and not have them complaining or saying the same contrived thing week in and week out. Get some players on the field who want to be titans, and then we can start talking about improving and looking at the logistics of future playoff runs.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm glad the Titans started out hot.. Think about where we would be, if they hadn't. They may have already moved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar