The scoop on Dareus....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Todd Mcshay just gave his top 15 on espn and he has Dareus as the #1 player in this entire draft. #1!!!

I just can't agree with that. He was the 4th or 5th best player on his team the last 2 seasons! Think about it. In 2009 Bama championship team Ingram, Mcclain, Jones more important. They had the best Cbs in the country.

Without the injury history Julio Jones would clearly be a better prospect.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Fairly was twice the player Dareus was in college. I agree with Tide that there is no way he is a better player than guys like Cam Jordan or JJ Watt and he should be projected closer to the middle of the 1st round. He would be a goodfit for the Titans since we are looking at getting bigger at DT so I'd consider taking him at 8 but wouldn't think he is a steal.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=DT&draftyear=2011&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC

If Dareus is the #1 prospect in this draft as Todd Mcshay thinks then Wilkerson must be top 3 and Austin top 12. They are similar prospects with similar size and quickness. Wilkerson and Austin both had better cone and shuttle times than Dareus.

You can push Austin back a notch because he is only 6'1 1/2 but Wilkerson is 6'4 315 and can really move. Wilkerson averaged 8 sacks over the last 2 seasons. That is outstanding for a DT who is getting doubled all the time.

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Paea will turn out to be the best DT in this class... bank on it.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Paea is too short and his arms are too short to be a top ranked DT. The short arms are an issue because he won't be able to capitalize as much on his upper body strength.

Most of the best defensive linemen in the last decade are either 6'5 or over or 325 lbs or over or both.

6'5 or over..

Richard Seymour
    Michael Strahan
    John Henderson
    Simeon Rice
    Marcus Stroud
    Kevin Williams
    Mario Williams
    Julius Peppers
    Jared Allen
    Albert Hayensworth
    Reggie White
    Richard Dent
    Jason Taylor

325 or over

Kris Jenkins
    Shaun Rogers
    Ted Washington
    Sam Adams
    Vince Wilfork
    Casey Hampton
    Jamal Williams
    Haloti Ngata

There are exceptions of course but size seems to matter here.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Even though I agree that Dareus shouldn't be the #1 prospect you have to go off transition/projection to the NFL. All Fairley can do is shoot the gap, that's not going to hold up in the NFL unless his game continues to progress and improve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar