The Robinson love fest...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I wish people would stop gushing about this guy and his moves until we better know if they have been good moves.

Just being active and signing some people is not new. Webster signed a lot of guys over the last couple of years and most of them did little for us.

In 3 off seasons Webster signed these guys.

D-linemen

Al Woods
    Sammie Hill
    Pitoitua

O-linemen

Micheal Oher
    Andy Levitre
    Rob Turner
    Byron Bell

RB

Shonn Greene
    Dexter Mccluster

WR

Harry douglas

QB

Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Charlie Whitehurst

LB

Beau Brinkley
    Wesley woodyard
    Brian Orakpo

TE

Delanie Walker
    Chuck Fasano

Safety

Marcus Pollard

In the meantime he signed some of our own players who were about to become free agents.

Derrick Morgan
    Karl Klug
    Craig Stevens

Now these are just guys off the top of my head. I know i missed somebody.

I'm not knocking Robinson just not ready to praise him as some alpha GM just because he brought in some guys. We expect that.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Troll Troll x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It made me think about the guys that said we should target Levitre, then rejoiced when it happened.

On the same note, I think the people that are grading him C or whatever yesterday aren't going to be pleased with anything.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You're not wrong.

No one should judge a GM by how aggressive he is. He should only be judged by if the moved work out.

And arguably he should be judged by his success drafting talent and retaining it more than his success acquiring talent in free agency.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What,you think you know more than the professionals? You know they get paid to do this right? You know they are way more knowledgeable than you right?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Quick! Somebody let RollTide know Jon Robinson is white!

• LOL LOL x 8
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Don't forget D'norris Searcy and Perrish Cox last year, we all thought those were gonna be great additions....

So far our biggest holes(RT,NT,FS) haven't been addressed, so I'm holding my breath.

7. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

Its a double edge sword... People on here are complaining that he didn't go out and get "Snacks", Schwartz, or Gipson. I guarantee those people would be the same ones complaining about us overspending on those three. Robinson is off to a solid start addressing needs with 3 quality players and a below average, but veteran backup QB. Lets wait to grade the off season a little longer then one day into free agency.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You have to spend to get better in FA. Extremely rare to hit big on a "value pick". It's OK to "judge" JR on his moves, that's our prerogative as fans. It doesn't mean we're right and he's wrong.

I don't get how concerned everybody is with the contract prices. The cap hit is really what effects our future as fans. And historically, the Titans have been their best when their cap is close to spent.

Hopefully we hit on enough drafted players to find they are worth retaining with big extensions.

We'll see how our needs are met with the rest of FA. We can't really expect any immediate big/consistent returns on our draftees because they will be rookies.

I get everybody wants to "feel good" again. But chill out on criticizing people who are upset we didn't land a targeted D player. We could have afforded it and may well have been better for it. We've been in a talent drought for years around here.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

weeelll...

There was NO talent to retain that was a Titan FA. The only correct move for this #1 overall pick team is to get some talent here, ASAP.
    Aggressive is the only move to make. This team did not have the roster of a winner, still doesn't have the coach of a winner. He HAD to do something drastic to change the look of this team. If Murray doesn't pan out, Robinson surely isn't to blame. It is as solid of a pickup as there could possibly be at this juncture. You have to make some bold moves to change the worst team in the league into a winner. You can at least tell he is really giving it a shot, unlike former management who re-signed Michael Griffin to an extension. That was a buddy/loyalty contract.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Yeah...

Historically, this board is like....

Sign CB blahblahblah, but don't give him more that $4 mil per year.
    *blahblahblah signs elsewhere for 5 yr/$50 mil*
    Argh, our FO are idiots that don't care about winning!

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar