The Rest Of The Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

With our secondary looking the way it currently does we will have to rely on the O to outscore ooponents, and as much as I think we actually have some decent weapons on offense, I just do not see up beating opponents that throw the ball well. So Indy could wll beat us twice, the Pats and Cards are likely to have big days against our secondary, as may the Bolts and Hawks. I think 8-8 might well, sadly, be what we are looking at with this defense.

Seriously, when we went up 21-7 who here thought there was any possibility that the Texans would suddenly in less than 5 plays tie us and move ahead by the end of the first half. I was literally thinking we were on our way to blowing them out and then the bottom dropped out and the real defense (you know, the one we saw in the second half of the Pitts game) showed up. Sadly, with all the firepower we supposedly have on Offense, it seems to illude us when we need it most in tight games. Great teams find ways to win in games like the last two, and sadly I just do not see it happening. as good as we are on paper, it's just that, on paper. On the field we can't stop anyone who has a good passing O, and we can't find a way to make a big play on O when we need to...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Like Gunny said I would be ecstatic with 3-3 at the bye. It just sets us up for a hot streak into the playoffs... something we never do.

10-0 didn't work, so why not start 0-2? :)

3. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

If we can get to 3-3 going into the Bye then I think we will ultimately finish 10-6 with losses to the Pats, 49ers, Colts, and Chargers. Hopefully that would be good enough for a wild card.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

We could easily go 2-14. And, it's still possible that we could go 14-2. But, I'm not sure it'll happen easily. :rolleyes:

I say we finish 11-5.

5. soccerman77

soccerman77 Starter

So everyone predicts a win over the Jets, but a loss against the Pats? Makes sense. I still think this is a good team, but IMO its not as good as last year. When you lose your best defensive player and your defensive wizzard it hurt. We are seeing that.

I honestly think Jets beat us, but we will win against the Jags..

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Turnabout's fairplay. They got us last year when we were 10-0. Well, this year we end there LITTLE run.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

8-8 sounds about right to me.

8. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

2009 Tennessee Titans: The Worst Good Team in the NFL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar