The Rest Of The Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

What's everybody predicting??

Here is the rest of the schedule:
    @Jets - @Jags - Colts - @Pats - BYE - Jags - @49ers - Bills - @Texans - Cardinals - @Colts - Rams - Dolphins - Chargers - @Seahawks

We could easily go 14-2 or go 2-14.

What I'm predicting is 11-5 (just like I did pre-season). Losses to the Steelers and Texans (of course) then @Pats, Cardinals and @Colts. Don't let the Bills, 49ers, or Chargers slip past our radar either...

If our secondary gets it together we could easily got 11-5, go into the wildcard and run the tables and go all the way... 3 of the last 4 Super Bowl teams were wildcard teams. This year we could maybe go 10-6 and even make the playoffs, there isn't a #1 team in the NFL any team could go all the way....

Therefore!!!! Titans fans quit being babies! Quit saying FIRE CHUCK CECIL OR BENCH KERRY COLLINS... It's Week 2!

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Yea your right. I get really emotional after a loss. I take each loss as if it is our last game. So i do jump the gun a bit at times.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3 - 3 at break and I'd be happy.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If we could get past the Jets which is winnable I could see us get to 2-2. Still a long ways to go but the defense has to get better NOW.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

8-8 looks really attractive at this point..

6. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

If we can't get it together and start defending the pass then we're gonna have a bad season. I predicted we would go 12-4 at the beginning of the season but now I'm lost on where are team is at this point. Starting the season 0-2 with a division loss doesn't have us in a very good position right now.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

This team will not continue to play like they did yesterday. This is a very good team. Period. Yes they are 0-2, but I absolutely believe this team is every bit as good, and possibly better than the team that won 10 straight to start last season. They are quite ticked off right now too. Jeff Fisher is a great coach. I aint tryin to hear otherwise, and these Titans can make people look back after 16 games, and say "I thought the Titans fell off when they were 0-2, but look at them now." Will they do it? We'll see. It's a little early to be benching the QB, and firing the D coordinator. Chill out guys. Let's see what these Titans got in em. It's time to step up for the Titans, and they know it. As far as the Titans overall season results I concede nothing at this point.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

If we continue to play like this I'd say 4-12 or 5-11 is very realistic. I don't expect that to happen - there are too many very good players on both sides of the ball and too many very good coaches from the top down to allow that to happen. But there are also too many problems to realistically expect to be much better than 2-4 or 3-3 at the bye week. Given that, unfortunately 10-6 would be a pretty nice outcome.

I had thought probably 12-4 going into the season, expecting to lay an egg or 2 and expecting to lose a couple tough close ones. Well 1 egg down and 1 tough close one down. Not much room for error, but still plenty of games left.

9. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

@Jets - I think we win this one for some reason. I feel like our backs are against the wall. W

@Jags - Again, I think we win. Jags seem to be in huge trouble right now. W

Colts - At 2-2 and assuming the D is getting it together, I think we can pull this one out at home. W

@Pats - I assume the Pats will be running a lot more smoothly by week 5. We'd be hard pressed to get a win here. L

BYE

Jags - Win again. Just hoping here. I realize the we almost always go 1-1 with these guys. W

@49ers - I think this game will be really tough for us. Still, depends on if the 49ers pan out. L

Bills - We can beat these guys. W

@Texans - Revenge. W

Cardinals - We'll struggle again I imagine. Depends on the superbowl + Madden curse. For now L

@Colts - we should lose this. We'll go 1-1 with the Colts like always. L

Rams - W

Dolphins - I think we match up well witht he dolphins. We stop the run. W

Chargers - Revenge win. Plus, the Chargers are overrated like always. W

@Seahawks- This game is also gonna be a tough one. The seahawks are a ton better and we don't usually fair well on the west coast. L

That comes out to 9-7. Seems realistic to me. Some things could change. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see 11-5 but we'll see.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Really? How do you know that? I thought the team wouldn't continue to play like they did after the Baltimore game, but look what has happened.

The defense needs to do pretty much a 180 from what they're doing now, or your statement is going to be a moot point even as soon as mid season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar