The Refs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by tommygoldman05, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I agree with alot of posts on here to some certain extent.

First off the pay does need to improve.

It seems that the referee's in the NFL get anywhere from 25,000 to 70,000 with an average of 27,000. That is pretty low. Especially compared to the other sports like hockey(139,000), baseball(141,000) and basketball (128,000).

Now even though I agree I would like to see it higher it should come with a price. If they put in 7 months already then they should put in 10 with the pay increase. The other referee's mentioned have alot more of a workload than the NFL's. But even for what they do an average of 27,000 is atrocious. Once you had your spot would you really care that much. This is a billion dollar sport and there is no reason it couldn't be done. Bring them in for 3 months pre-season and have a sit down, or a class like situation for everyone to get on the same page and agree on what's going to be called. Put in the work and agree and disagree on what and to what extent. From game to game the disparity in the refereeing has been bad. Get it straight. Get paid.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I like the college approach. Put a ref in the booth to review every close play. To speed up the process, give him the power to make the call. The time is lost when a ref on the field has to run over to a booth to view it.

The technology is there to get things 99% right.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

One other thing that they should work on is calling a play dead before it is over(Chargers vs. Denver) That was a really bad call. I hate the Chargers but every team should be given a fair chance to win.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

^ is your father Oscar?

5. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I've always wanted to meet The Six Million Dollar man and I figured the son of Oscar Goldman could make that happen..:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar