the reason we lost

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pacman 4 HoF, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpool2002

dpool2002 Camp Fodder

Redzone was awful. If you can't get a yard you don't deserve to win. Run the ball up the middle or on an option with young, have him tuck it and barrel through. Fade routes set the team up for failure.

Also, I get that Vince can throw inside the pocket now, but why not roll him out more??

2. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

Fade was a bad call, but even worse throw... and the INT by VY can't happen... Bad decision

3. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

It was not a bad throw. He threw it like you're taught to throw the fade. High and a deep. Britt did catch the ball and may have had a chance to land in bounds, but it didn't happen. Horrible play call and very tough to execute. Could Vince have thrown it better? Sure. On any other down but 4th that is perfectly acceptable call and a well thrown ball. Kenny was the only one with a shot at coming down with it.

The int was both Britt and Vince's fault. Vince needs to understand that you don't always need to make a play; Britt needs to understand what to do to help a scrambling QB. You can't stop running.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I hate it when fans always blame the "play-calling" after a loss.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. amy

amy Starter

Gee, I always thought that was part of being a fan! If you can't blame the coach, who can you blame? ;)

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If the pass wasn't able to be caught in bounds how was it thrown the way your supposed to throw it?

7. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

The reason we lost are the Colts are a 12-0 team they are that good we are a young team still growing with a few Vets. We are a 5-7 team that lost 6 straight in the begging it was going to be almost a miracle to make the playoffs. No 1 person to blame everybody made mistakes today.

8. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

It looked to me like it could have been caught in bounds. It would have been a great catch, but it certainly was possible. He went up in the air with about a yard to spare till the sideline and landed just out of bounds. The fade is designed to give the offensive player the only shot at the ball. That is what happened and what was thrown. Could it have been thrown better? Sure. But it wasn't a "terrible" throw. It wasn't perfect. It needed to be. This is why you don't run a fade on 4th down. Even the best Qbs in the game are going to hit the fade perfectly less than 50% of the time.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We are who they thought we are.....

Red zone inefficiency and turnovers killed us. You just can't let that happen against the colts.

10. dpool2002

dpool2002 Camp Fodder

I think britt fell down on the INT. The TV didn't show it but it looked like he was open and slipped... Vy went and talked to britt and patted him on the back of the helmet immediately after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar