The real reason Munchak didn't go for 2

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Nice Avatar :giggle:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I really do wonder what people would think if he came out and told the truth "well the running game sucked so we cant rely on them"

That being said.. what a ******* answer. You could... always... throw it Munch.....

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's what I was thinking. Bottom line is he didn't have much faith in the offense. Can't really blame him though. I honestly don't have a problem with the decision to just kick the PAT and go to OT. It's most likely what I would have done in that situation.

There are about 834 reasons why Munch is a crappy HC. But this isn't one of them. This was a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If he went for 2 and failed we probably would've knocked the site down.

4. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

It wasn't the decision not to go for two, it was his explanation for not doing it. It made no sense like everything else he says.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree the decision was sound, but dang MM why not treat it like signing your buddies son too the inactive list for a few game checks. Just say 'I never considered any other alternative' and be done with it

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

the decision to take the 1 and go to OT makes complete sense, I won't get on him about it, most people would do this and it would be a shame to get the td and really tie the game but lose on a 2 pt conversion when we clearly had momentum going in to OT. We even won the coin toss and moved the ball, dam Fitztragic showed up again and the rest is history. He does not need to explain this decision, sometimes silence is golden but I guess he is to dumb to know that lol

7. MaxFischer

MaxFischer Rookie

OMG, Munchak didn't satisfy my desire for a dissertation as to why he didn't go for 2.

With all the nit-picking criticisms of Munchak's explanation of the 2 point conversion, I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Bill Belichick route and just gave canned responses to everything.

8. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I promise you Bill Belichick knows where 2 point conversions begin from and for sure wouldn't correct someone who was right about it to begin with.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Ugh Munch, that is a really crappy answer. I can defend the decision, but not the reasoning.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I said this same exact thing in a different thread.

It was probably the right decision to kick the PAT, but that would have been the perfect time to have that established identity I've been talking about for the last month.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar