The real reason Billys gone

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You do realise that those are often considered signs of lying right? Not keeping eyecontact, shifting weight, fidgeting, etc. is exactly what investigators look for when questioning suspects.

So while it may seem more honest to you, it also fits the criteria for bodylanguage when lying.

2. Bean

Bean Guest

That was my thoughts too :yes:

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I hope Bipolar sees that comment.
    My roommate saw the interview and immediately thought the same thing.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I realize this is off-thread topic but so what. He was exhibiting signs of anxiety. My point is, Fisher has always been very polished and controlled in his media releases. On controversisal subjects that may require a "spin" he has either avoided the subject or done an excellent even-keeled job delivering his message.

IMO, the uncharacteristic nature of his delivery was because he was very emotionally charged about this situation and uncomfortable about having to "set the record straight". He has never been one in the past to speak directly and negatively about a player. I believe, with his history, if he were going to lie about or "spin" the issue he could have delivered it with much more polish than what he appeared.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Maybe he needed to go to the bathroom? :wink2:

6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:applause:

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Damn right!!! He was pissed off that a career backup QB felt that the Titans owed him the right to use the organization as a one year stepping stone for a job somewhere else. They don't owe him or his ****bag agent a thing.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all it really doesn't matter if Volek was Drew Brees or not. What matters is if he gave us the best chance of being competive while VY was getting ready. IMO he did despite the fact he isn't a pro-bowl player.

Second, I seriously doubt Billy was constantly asking to be traded after the situation with Mac was resolved. Billy had all he wanted, a chance to prove himself. This idea that Billy was a big cancer on the team before the Collins announcment is ridiculous. Any issues between him and the coaches should have been worked out between closed doors. The coaches going out of their way to humiliate the man is beyond excuse.

Thirdly, the answer to Billy is KC? If anyone truly believes that we now have a better chance of being competitive are living in la la land. What we have seen so far speaks for itself. Even if KC could perform at a slightly higher level (remember BV has an 87 life time QB rating) we still have to agree that briging in KC in the 11th hour really hurt this team thus far in the season. Both at the QB postion and resulting in strife in the locker room. I am not real optimistic that we will see much improvement in these next games but we shall see.

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Amen brotha. Thanks for putting an exclamation point on what I posted this thread about.

:suspect:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar