Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

The real reason Billys gone

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Moolah:
    $10
    I'll say one thing. Leading up to the Collins signing all I ever heard from Billy was how if he had a big year he could get a Drew Breesian big payday elsewhere. The point of his performance this season was to audition for another job with another team. Not to be a leader. I don't recall ever hearing him talk about wanting to go out and win with the Titans for the sake of the team or a love of the game. If that's what Fish meant by him not being ready to be the starter I kinda get it.
  2. Riverman Dread the red

Casey
    Moolah:
    $2,579
    Good point.
  3. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,064
    what is wrong with that esp knowing that next yr you are back to the #2 QB with Young as the #1. You want to make the best of your one yr opportunity.
  4. Riverman Dread the red

Casey
    Moolah:
    $2,579
    What's wrong with it is it is NOT YOUR JOB TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR PAYDAY. It is your job to successfully run the offense. It is the underlying sentiment that you are running the offense for your SELF and not for the good of the TEAM.

The sad part of this theory (which I also believe correct) is that if BV approached the situation from the latter standpoint, the former would have taken care of itself. And BV is no Dree Brees. IMO, he was lucky to have been given the opportunity as an UDFA to be a back-up in a good organization.
  5. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,064
    hard to believe in an a offense when it sucks
  6. Riverman Dread the red

Casey
    Moolah:
    $2,579
    Yeah- but it still is his job.
  7. moose4now Starter

Moolah:
    $55
    He's not Drew Brees on a good day.

He's dreaming if that's what he was looking for.
  8. Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Moolah:
    $7
    That's what I said yesterday.

Billy Volek SUCKS! The cancer's been cut.

& if any more of those 4-12/0-2 prima donna babies wanna whine about their jobs, cut them too.

Sicka this crap.
  9. Toly Free your mind

Moolah:
    $77
    This doesn't make any sense at all. If Volek was truly auditioning for another job, he would've been motivated to give the best performance of his career this season.
  10. Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Moolah:
    $21
    Allot of players talk about paydays in contract years. This is no new thing. Usually players in there contract season excel and the entire team benefits. They are not only playing to win they are playing for dollaz dollaz. :greedy:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.