The RB Position Needs To Be Completely Rebuilt In Time For 2012 Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Imagine if we had a really good powerful back to put out there with CJ to help the run game.If we would've had Blount here and Fisher wouldn't screwed that up then we might've gotten those one or two yards that CJ never gets on on third and short.Wasn't it the New Orleans game near the end where we couldn't even gain one yard on fourth and one? If we had a big physical back he would've gained that one yard and we would've scored and most likely beat New Orleans.We are anemic in many areas espcially in the rushing department.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Doenst matter what back is there with the run blocking that the team is getting.

I mean I get your wish list. however Id rather have a fixed oline and another GOOD WR than any compliment back that we have to spend or pay anything for.

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Agree with ya.Get another good receiver and fix the oline.Once we fix the line the running game should improve.

If Britt heals and we get another good receiver in here through draft or free agency and Nate Washington of course then we will be doing better than we have in years at WR.

Locker ends up being pretty good at QB and our defense play well we will be good next season.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Exactly. A good run o line again. With that in place, if we can keep the d honest and stretch the field, imagine the type of draw plays cj could bust off...

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Locker clearly got that yard plus most of the next one, refs screwed the Titans on the spot

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

heard Mawe, union thug and some posters solution to the OL issue, on the radio while I was getting ready for work. Probably an interview from first month of 2011 season. Anyways when KM was asked about the Titans switching too a zone blokcing concept KM said that all NFL teams use the same blocking techniques they just call them different names.

I dont know what too think of that as I appears the Titans have a lot of OL blocking air this year and historically the OL went forth and punished whoever happened too be in front of them.

Ill just put it down to him being a communist - lol

7. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

Peyton Hillis is a free agent this year and probably won't be resigned by Cleveland. If he doesn't demand starter's money, should we sign him to complement CJ? I think a power back like Hillis could do wonders, but I definitely think that upgrading the O-line is of higher priority (really hoping we can pick up Chris Myers in FA because I would rather not have a rookie starting center)

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

a power back RB destined to get 10-12 carries on the best sundays should be cheap. League minimum cheap. Should have tons of guys scrambling too get here and try out for it. Hillis probably will not be that guy IMO. Not that he could not be that guy but because he will probably be starting somewhere else.

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I'd be happy with Myers and Hillis.Could help quite a bit.Amano definitely needs to be gone o

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Considering Hillis was holding out for CJ money, I kinda doubt that he would want to come to the Titans for league minimum'ish money to be a back up.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar