The RB Position Needs To Be Completely Rebuilt In Time For 2012 Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Save for keeping Chris Johnson but reducing his carries and letting him split time with a more physical bruising back they need to let go every single player on this team at the RB position.

Either bring in a player or two in free agency or the draft but it has to be done because our run game is awful and that goes for Harper and Ringer too.

I know we won't pick up Trent Richardson but we need a back similar to bring in as a duo to CJ and let the bruising back take some of the load off of CJ.

If we don't do this the same problem will shoot us in the foot again and we will be back in the same boat as this season.

Get Locker a WR to team with Britt and Washington and a fresh new bruiser in the backfield to smash and dash with CJ and the offense will be ready to roll.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I wanted Willis McGahee this past offseason. Would've been a great addition for us.

3. munie

munie Starter

I agree but it also goes bigger then that. The whole running game needs to be rebuilt.
    - Amano and Harris need to go.
    - Possibly draft a guy like DeCastro from Stanford really early in the draft.
    - Make a run at a FA C, possibly Chris Myers. I hear the Texans may not be able to afford him due to other star players needing to be re-signed and he's been lights out this year.

We do need a bruiser back but we cannot afford to go into next season w/o any improvements on the interior O-line.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Same here i think he would've been a perfect fit and would've gain those one or two yards CJ never seems to get.McGahee is the bruiser i'm talking about this team desperately needs.

McGahee and Johnson would be a great combo.

RB's like Frank Gore,Ray Rice and Mcgahee are perfect for what we need.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I agree with both you guys (Mike and Munie). We need another playmaker at RB. RB's don't last long in this league when they're every down backs and if you get good chemistry at the position the starter and backup can feed off each other.

We also need to make some key changes at O-Line. We definitely need a C who can play now and also need to see what we have out of Velasco. Go after a G in FA if the need is still there and we should be good.

Our defense has been playing at a high level despite the run game for a while now. They're in a completely new defense, some playing at new positions (JJones, Finny), and we're still able to keep a lot of teams out of the endzone. A few adjustments in the off-season there and we're ready to go.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Fire Chris Palmer and go back to Dinger's blocking scheme and the run game will flourish again.

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

LOL Mike, you just couldn't resist.

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

trade cj....sign bush from oakland...or draft montee ball

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Wishful thinking

10. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

If we fix our O-line problems the running game will improve drastically, no matter who is running the ball.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar