The QB Tennessee Needs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thepoonerboy, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Yea I would like to see you take a hit while your kicking or punting a ball and you have no chance to react or defend your self and not only that you have to hit the ball 50 yards deep and with perfect accuracy.

Do that and then come back and tell me kickers aren't football players.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yup, it's mostly about passing the kids along to continue getting state funds. I've seen some schitt poor teachers keep their jobs year after year. Here in Connecticut a Masters degree is required to teach, but I really wonder about that. But back to football. Kickers are football players. Some are anyways.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That makes you a football player? Being able to take a hit when you don't get a kick off in time? That is about the only time a kicker will get hit. What a physically demanding job. They spend 99/100ths of the game jerking around on the sideline, drinking up the rest of the team's gatorade.

They trot on the field, kick the ball, then trot off. There's a reason they're usually the least paid players on the team.

A football player has to have some sort of athleticism to play any position other than kicker. A kicker can run a 6.0 40 yard dash, bench press 100 pounds, and still be a kicker.

They are an important part of the team, but they aren't football players.
    Kickers are kickers, not football players. There's hardly a reason for them to wear pads.

4. nickmsmith

Exactly, all you hear about is "Graduation percentage" without any thought about how poor the education might be. Most kids that can sit through class at all will get a diploma without trying.

That's why a high school diploma is worth nearly nothing now, and if you didn't get one, you could get away with lying about it, because nobody checks up on that besides the military.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

This is stupid

Stop romantacising football.

A kicker is a football player in the same way a goalie is a hockey player.

We have just been spoiled by having some pretty good kickers the past few years.

I will bring this post back up whenever we have A kicker or punter who always out kicks his coverage/out of bounds/ is not consistent.

6. costarica2

Well if all of this is true then Baseball is not a sport at all.

It takes skill and hours and hours of practice to kick a football and alot of mental toughness something that is harder then it sounds.

7. nickmsmith

Trivia:
    How many kickers (people who were solely kickers/punters) are in the hall of fame?
    A: One.

And goalies are on the ice the whole time, kickers are onlookers for most of the game.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

A kicker lost the game last night for th Eagles. If he hits those 2 field goals they win the game.

I personally despise kickers because while I'm running they're kicking and playing around, but they're a vital part of any football team.

9. costarica2

Trivia how many kickers have won superbowls with the final kick??

Is just like a Olineman no one cares about them only when they do a hold then they pay attention.

10. nickmsmith

I'll admit, I'm biased, because kickers are generally the most arrogant people around, and they have no reason to be. They don't put the time in, or the effort. they kick a few times per practice (they don't want to wear their leg out) then mess around like they do during the games.

I would make a case for Morten Andersen and Gary Anderson to be in the HOF purely because of longevity, but were they among the greatest football players?

There were people like Troy Brown who played offense and defense, and gave it their all, people like that are football players.

Kickers can come straight over from Europe with no football knowledge or skills and be competitive, no other position can do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar