The QB of the Future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

Let me say this I'm not a Hass hater, I thought he did a good job last year for a guy with no run help in the first half of the season and a down year on D. But to me if the first round draft pick that you drafted as your franchise guy is close to if not better than the vet you brought in, to specifically work with your new guy, then it's time to hand him the keys.
    I thought at first with the teams we open against it would be too early but if Locker is ready he is ready and being a vet shouldn't give Hass a pass to be the starter.
    Like someone said earlier once pre season starts this won't be a debat anymore we will know if the kid can hack it or not.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Can anybody think of a single QB that made a habit out of breaking the pocket yet still was able to play 16 games a season? I can think of Farve but that's about it. Vick, V. Young, S. Young, McNair, Moon, McNabb, Culpepper all were runners and all had nagging injure's threw out their career.

If Locker can't make all the throws from the pocket then he is going to compensate with his legs. If Locker starts running he will most likely get injured. If Locker gets injured it has the potential to set this franchise back again.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cam Newton and Tim Tebow run a lot, neither of those two were hurt at all last year. But both those guys are bigger than everyone tackling them.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Maybe we should bring in Brett Favre then.

5. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

Both the guys you just named are the same size as locker. Titans roster has Locker at 6'3" 234lbs. Jets roster puts Tebow at 6'3" 236 and Carolina roster has Newton at 6'5" 245.

Locker is a big guy like these two and they seemed to fair ok as far as injury goes. I didn't want to compare Locker to Tebow, but they are basically the same size and close to the same style QB with the exception of Locker is a much better passer.
    Either way we go with QB I think once Britt is back and if :cj: can produce we will no trouble putting points on the board which is something the Titans aren't know for.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We've got Hasselbeck, a very capable QB, to back Locker up if he gets injured. That's the beauty of having 2 QB's. Hasselbeck is good when he's fresh and healthy.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He was making the throws last season. Locker is not simply a scrambler. He put up better PASSING numbers than Hasselbeck when he had the shot.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Tim Tebow now weighs 250 pounds. He hasn't been 236 since his combine, I think he said last year he was 241 or 240somthing, but he's a little bigger than nfl.com gives him credit for.

9. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

Exactly! This forum has brought out a lot of Locker and Hass doubters but the thing is this is a good problem to have. Plus wasn't the whole reason of drafting Locker and bringing in Hass was so that Hass could help him develop like he had already been doing when he was at Washington. I think its time to let the student become the master.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Usually I am not big on having two QBs, as nothing good seems to come out of it. We just got lucky with having two of the biggest team players in the same position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar