The QB of the Future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Thats not really what I meant. He will probably miss a game, or come out, for something like a hammy issue or something. Then we will just get reports that it is just too tight during the week or something. Let him go out with some dignity type of thing.

Basically, yes.

2. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

I think thats 100% on the money.I want to see the future franchise QB a bad as the next guy, but I think they play it safe with the vet and injury ultimately gets the Locker era rolling. Kinda sucks fit hass though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I cant believe a guy with Samuel L Jackson as his avatar is trying to accuse me of making things up.

4. JCBRAVE

I know he only knows a fraction of what Hasselbeck knows, I know that much.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Mobility isn't bad but it is dangerous.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I bet Rusty Smith knows more than both of them.

Locker should start Day 1.

7. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

Comparing Locker to Vick is crazy. Locker is a mobile QB that runs when the play or pocket collapses around him. Vick is a running QB that passes when he can't run. We would agree that Hass is a pocket QB and how many times has he been injured I'm the last 5 years. I would rather see a guy run for 5 to 10 yards when a pocket collapses than see a guy stand there and get sacked or make a bad throw.
    I think the organization will go with the experienced guy, and I'm not sure thats a bad thing, but lets not pretend that Locker would be more injury prone than Hass.

8. JCBRAVE

I wasn't comparing them at all, simply pointing out what happens when you run, you increase the risk of getting hurt by 100.

9. JCBRAVE

Rusty may have remembered our playbook better than anyone on the team but dont say he knows more about playing QB than Hasselbeck.

10. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

I agree that when a passer leaves the pocket he is fair game and taking hits like that can lead to injury, I dont think it increases by 100% though. Regardless of that he is still less likely to be injured than a mid 30 QB with a track record of injuries over the last 5 years. Plus Locker is built like a brick s**t house and is young and healthy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar