The "put up or shut up" thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

well..

I haven't watched them enough to say why he's not breaking big runs.

As I said, Sanders routinely had very few if any yards on about 15-18 carries but would have a few long runs to still have plenty of yards. But if he can go say 12-15 carries in a row with negative yards and he's one of the best backs in NFL history, it's understandable that it could happen to Bush.

I think he'll turn it around.

Gut

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

And I don't think he will live up to the hype he had coming out of college. But you make good points Gut.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The same type of plays we have planned for CJ?

If they are using him on plays like that it means they don't feel he can run the more typical running plays used in the nfl.

Not rocket science here when in the 2 TE set you run a lot of counter treys and stretch plays and when there is a fullback you run blast plays with the back cutting off the lead block. Bread and butter running plays every college and pro team runs. Bush was the starting back, he needed to carry the load and he didn't get it done.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Reggie vs the scrubs.. Reggie loses!

With mccallister out last year that left bush with the #3 back aaron stecker and an unknown nobody pierre thomas.

Rushing
    Reggie all word bush---157 carries 581 yards...3.7ypc... 4tds

The scrubs combined---167 carries 700 yards....4.19ypc...5tds

Receiving
    Reggie all world bush----73 catches 417 yards...5.7ypc....2tds

The scrubs----------53 catches 362 yards 6.8ypc.....1td

combined yards from scrimmage & %
    Reggie.....998..48%
    Scrubs....1062..52%

Touches from scrimmage %
    Reggie....51%
    Scrubs....49%

Even with mccallister out for the whole season reggie bush a 2nd pick in the entire draft didn't get 50% of his team's carries nor 50% of his teams scrimmage yards. What a damn bum!

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There goes rolltide using stats again. Everyone knows that reggie is an all purpose back who also is a steller return man. Why didn't you include those stats dude?

Ok gunny, gut or anyone else foolish to ask such a question. My answer lance moore. Yep lance moore!

Who in the flying bleep is lance moore? He was an undrafted rookie WR who returned most of the saints punts.

Lance moore 20 punt returns 9.4 aver..

Reggie bush 3 punt returns 4 yard averge. Reggie doesn't do kick returns..

Reggie bush's contribution in the return game? 3 PR for 12 yards. Yipee!

Bum!

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

snore................

Not exactly, we have a very different offense.

Just because they choose to put him in a situation they think would be better for his skills, doesn't mean he CAN'T do what you think. The main crux is that he's not a fulltime back right now and with McCallister hurt, they also didn't want to risk pounding him up the middle. And since they also didn't want to risk him to inuries with McCallister down, they took him off of most return duties. He did have a TD on a PR in his rookie year I see you failed to mention.

In case you haven't noticed, the Saints have a different kind of offense. You probably think everyone should go back to a fullhouse backfield or the the wishbone. You don't seem to like innovation...

Gut

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hehehe....

Your arguments are a good example of how to manipulate stats.

I like how you say he didn't have 50% of his teams CARRIES (though he had 51% of the touches). What's your point? He's not a fulltime back? Tell us something we didn't know!

Gut

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gut not comprehending basic data..

He is the 2nd pick in the whole damn draft! He makes $10M a year! The starting RB was out! Did not get 50% of his teams RB total yardage did not get 50% of his teams carries! Was no more effective than 2 backups!

And if you think 51% of the total touches from scimmage is a stat to be proud of be my guest.

WTF more do you need to know?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Innovation is almost worthless when it comes to running the football. Championship teams have used just a few running plays. They run those plays well and execute them flawlessly. The packer sweep? The cowboys were really innovative with emmitt they ran blast plays behind their fullback. The redskins ran the counter trey about 30 times in a super bowl.

The plays they run with bush are not that different it is how he runs them. He probably takes every counter trey or stretch play and runs it outside like a sweep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar