Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

The price of gas in your area

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Starkiller, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    I went from Nashville to just outside Smithville, TN (Center Hill Lake) for Labor Day weekend. I couldn't help but notice the dramatic difference in the price of gas.

In Nashville, it was around $2.80 for a gallon of regular on Friday. That same day, I saw a station in Smithville selling a gallon of regular for $2.50 (and other stations weren't far above). Those other stations even came down closer by Monday, but the prices were still much higher in Nashville when I got back. I live in Bellevue, so the price of gas is always a bit lower than in Nashville, but nothing like those differences.

So I was wondering how much other people outside of Nashville are paying for gas right now. Are other metropolitan areas just as high as we are? Are people who live in non-metropolitan areas seeing prices similar to what I saw in Smithville?
  2. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,103
    about five minutes down the street is the closest gas station. it's about $2.65. if you go 15 minutes in the opposite direction it's about $2.80.

in jacksonville by the way.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504
    I noticed the same.

It was $2.75 in Franklin and $2.39 just a few miles west of Kingston. Prices began to drop at Cookville going east.
  3. Crash Override inVINCEable

Moolah:
    $0
    Damn you guys are lucky. Any where you go here it's over 3 dollars a gallon.
  4. maximus Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    its around 2.65 in Florida right now, I saw it for 2.59 about 15 minutes from my dorm on Sunday though
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,388
    damn, we are paying around $1.40 a litre. A litre is about .20 of a gallon.
  5. Crash Override inVINCEable

Moolah:
    $0
    Yeah man living in New York is expensive.
  6. Snookus YA DIGGGG

Moolah:
    $0
    It's about an average of $2.65 or so here in central Texas too.

Don't Australians measure in kangaroo pouches?!?:biglaugh:

:suspect:
    • Staff / Moderator

Broken Record Biscuit Eater

Stewart
    Moolah:
    $290
    I think you'll find that gasoline prices mirror most everything else. In metropolitan areas, a gallon is much higher than in rural places where the cost of living is lower and average salaries are lower.

A friend of mine knows old man Haslam (Pilot Oil) and he asked him how they determine gas prices because one of his stations in east Knoxville was cheaper than one in west Knoxville. Haslam just said "whatever the market will bear."
  7. theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Martin
    Moolah:
    $283
    I'm from Delaware and prices were at 2.66 last i heard. I go to college in Anderson, SC and the price is 2.32...i'm loving it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.